Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decrease lag time?

Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Michael, I’m glad you brought the subject up I too experience the BI PI latency and would like to see that shorten to the same as being experienced with IOS devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MNB; December 6th, 2017, 10:20 AM.
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Hi guys, could you hit the "Test" button on the WEb Alert in BI and see how long it takes before the "It working!" message shows up in your HS3 log?

Mine takes about 4 seconds. Bear mind BI calls the HS3 JSON web service, which in turn calls a function in the plugin, which checks to see if there are any events and then passes that call back to HS3 to trigger the event, and if it's a speak event those are a little slow too as HS3 has to pass the text through the speech engine to get the WAV file.

This is going to depend a lot on the performance of your HS3 machine and not your BI machine I think.
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

@Gavin, as per your request;
        1. I went to the BI PI configuration Page and depressed the "Test Connection" button it took ~1 second for a "Connection succeeded" msg. However when watching the Blue Iris App trigger due to motion to the time HS actually sends a TTS phrase it there is a noticeable delay.
        2. If I go to the HS "Device Management" tab and depress for a given camera devices it's "Trigger" button, I can see on the affected Blue Iris App camera image that the trigger "Red" rectangle around the image is activated within ~1 second.
        3. If I go to the Blue Iris App for a particular camera and select "Trigger Now" under the camera Trigger properties tab I see the "Red" rectangle immediately around the image again, but it takes ~3 seconds for the HS camera device to show the movement icon "red running man" one observation is that I do not see anything in the HS log denoting the BI trigger occurred, am I missing something? Mike

Side Note: Need to correct misspelling of "unkown" to "Unknown" in the Blue Iris Profile device.
        Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
        Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
        HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Comment

Gavin,

Test button in BI to HS log is about 10 seconds for me.

What is the polling for in the PI?

Please see below for HS3 computer specs.

Thanks,

Edit: I replaced the TTS with an mp3 file for my “motion at front door” event and the delay is down to about 5 seconds. Certainly acceptable.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Rvtravlr; December 6th, 2017, 10:30 PM.
            Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

I'm getting about 10 second delay for all TTS speaks, not just BI. Are you seeing that too?

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
                I'm getting about 10 second delay for all TTS speaks, not just BI. Are you seeing that too?
                Michael

Comment

What is the polling for in the PI?
                  At a user defined interval the PI will poll BI for status information. If no event has triggered the PI from BI (an alert for instance) then the PI polls BI to get the latest status for other metrics.

That's more like it. Unfortunately I'm relying on the HS3 JSON interface to call the plugin event handler, which then pulls a list of possible events to trigger and then fires them off. A busy HS3 system will increase delay.

I looked into a direct call from BI to the plugin but that opens up more TCP ports on the HS3 server, adds support and configuration complexity and kind of defies the point of having HS3 manage everything.
                  Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

What do you think is a good polling time?

BI is on a wireless laptop. Would hardwiring it get me any improvement?

As I said, 5 seconds is certainly acceptable, but am wondering if I can get it down to near a second.
                    Attached Files
                    Michael

Comment

My polling is set to every 1m. I very rough test looks lie I'm getting about a 3sec gap between clicking the "test" button and seeing the "It works" entry in the log.

I'm not sure a wired connection will help much for response times, but you are most certainly congesting your home wireless by running BI on a wifi-only laptop. Wifi is shared medium and video streams constantly so you're not doing all of the other wifi users on the network any favours.

Comment

Attached Files
                        Michael

Comment

Working...
                        X