Blue Iris Geofence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Iris Geofence

Blue Iris App sends me texts when I enter and leave the geofence. and they're extremely precise it seems. I also have texts set up in HS, but some thing's wrong as they're not working at all. I put my phone's name in the box just as Blue Iris has it listed under mobile devices. Ideas?

Is there a space in your phone name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Also, do you have the Geofence web service configured?

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

There is a space, and a special Character. "Thomas's iPhone". The web service is set up, it is what is texting me precisely, I do believe.

Comment

In the web service URL in BI, try setting P2=ThomasiPhone and then in the plugin event, use the exact same string (ThomasiPhone)

The plugin and web service don't like spaces and special characters (per the help file)

Comment

Comment

Comment

ALright, so I see what you're talking about with the P1, P2 things, and I set it up. This correct?

192.168.1.2/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Geofence&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=Inside&P2=ThomasiPhone
                Post Text: Inside Geofence

Comment

Yes. Now in the HS3 event use ThomasiPhone as the device to match on. You should be all set.

Comment

Comment

JSON Support is built into the latest version of HS3, make sure you're running the latest version.

To try and troubleshoot further, what happens if you paste the Web Request URL into a browser, so take the web request you have for the "Enter Geofence" alert and paste that into a browser.

It should return: { "Response":"Trigger matched <p>OK - got the geofence alert for Inside - ThomasiPhone" }

Comment

I did get something back. It also Texts me as it is set up to do, but it didn't text me earlier when I actually did come inside the geofence.
                        There is also a 'p' in '<''>" between 'matched and ok'. But when I paste everything here the p and brackets go away.
                        { "Response":"Trigger matched "<p>"OK - got the geofence alert for Inside - ThomasiPhone" }
                        It should return: { "Response":"Trigger matched
                        OK - got the geofence alert for Inside - ThomasiPhone" }

Comment

Comment

Comment

If I put this in my HS3 box's web browser, it controls the device. If I put that into the remote PC running Blue Iris, it says do you want to open file json.json 575 bytes from 192.168.1.2, Does that mean the request is bouncing back from the .2 HS3 Box? I don't know what that means.

Comment

Working...
                              X