Blue Iris Geofence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris Geofence

Try something other than Blue Iris for geofencing it is very hard to trust, I can get it to update just fine but never have had any luck firing an event in HS3 been at it for months. The app will push alerts to me and let me know I have left the area but it will not fire the event in Homeseer using the BI plugin. I had better luck with IFTTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

$&@# Hawt! The Geofence is working! It must have been those text box entries. The "Post Text" should be empty. Unless that email I shot off to the Blue Iris Helpdesk that I never received a reply to actually got to someone who did something remotely which made everything work. Because I wouldn't think that box would have an effect on the wife not seeing the geofence update while I left the geofence. Right? Either way, it's working now, garage door is open when I pull up. Sweet!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tome10; January 10th, 2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Aha! That "Post Text" - no, you need to leave that field blank. The "Object reference not set..." error can occur if you make changes to camera names and short names while the PI is running. A restart of the PI should solve that.

Also, you can use the "Enable" command with a "True/False" value as a camera action to completely disable a camera rather than just enable/disable motion.
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Working...
          X