Blue Iris motion triggering HS3 Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris motion triggering HS3 Events

Hi folks - I found a decently long thread about connecting BI motion events to HS2 using a vbs script. But nothing about HS3.

Any suggestions how to have BI trigger a motion event in HS3?

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hi Beerygaz - I already am trialing the BI plugin....very nice work.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see how to trigger an event ...... holy crap! I just figured it out. I assumed because I didn't see anything in the device about motion being triggered it wasn't there. I see the conditions in the events now. This is GREAT!

One additional question - one thing I'd love to have happen when I get a motion trigger from a camera is to send myself a txt message with a screenshot (or video clip) of the motion. Have you been able to do that? I think maybe I'd need some sort of script to grab the clip and put it into an email to <phonenum>@vtext.com?

Open to thoughts. Thanks so much.

Comment

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Thanks, that is very helpful. Do you see scenarios where it could make sense to use both? i.e. if UltraNetCam is able to support triggers and such, then it seems like it would superset the BI plugin?

Comment

You can send yourself an email with video and/or stills from a motion trigger directly from BlueIris. That's how mine works and it works very well. I originally used netcam and it didn't work well for me at all. BlueIris is nice because it does the translation from various different cameras and makes them all the same for the user. IE I get the same email message regardless of the camera type.

Also check out the BluIris mobile app (I use iPhone) - its great!

Comment

Thanks Burrington - yes, I know I can do that and I use it right now. But the benefit of being able to do it from Homeseer is I can choose to send it only when certain other house conditions are met.

Comment

Yes, that's what I do. I use the HomeSeer BlueIris plugin "Blue Iris: Camera actions" to enable or disable motion detection in Blue Iris based on other house conditions. So BlueIris actually sends the emails and snaps/clips but only when enabled by HomeSeer.

Comment

Hi I realise this thread is quite old, but you might have the answer I'm looking for. I want to do stuff like switch on outside flod lights and send email with video clip from the motion area when the following conditions are met: Night, away, motion trigger action from Pir and IP cam motion. Is this possible using the blue iris plug in?

Comment

I do all of that with my system, except I'm using BI's video based motion detection instead of PIR motion. Blue Iris itself does all the email functions with video clips and still photos when it detects motion. HomeSeer (via the BI Plugin) just tells BI when to turn motion on and off based on conditions like day/night, home/away, etc. Likewise BI sends triggers to HS when it has detected motion so HS can turn lights on, speak warnings, etc. It all works very well. My only complaint is that video based motion detection causes some false alarms from rain, snow, wind (blowing trees) and furnace steam. Therefore I want to add some PIR motion detectors to replace video motion. Otherwise works great.

Comment

Hi Burrington. Sorry for taking so long to get back, I dont have enough time to get this thing off the ground. Why don't you keep your motion detection from BI and combine it with motion detection from PIR sensors in Homeseer? Condition shuld be something like when motion from BI and PIR within less then say 10 or 15 sec. then turn on the light? That is what I want to do As I'm Having to many false events from PIR sensors only, reacting to many of the things you mention. In order to get around the problem I'm planing to have PIR and video from different angles. Also combining technology's I hope it will sort out most of the false positives from just one tec. :-)

Regards Kasper

Comment

Working...
                      X