Blue-Error in the HS log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue-Error in the HS log

Before I put together all sorts of logs, screenshots, etc.. does this particular log entry mean anything?
    Code:
    Blue-Iris Error	Error in PluginProc: Parameter count mismatch.
    I seem to get this with cameras sending alerts that have have zones defined on a per preset basis. My cameras that do not use zones don't seem to have this issue.

1. Are you running the latest version of the plugin? An update was issued that handles zone motion.
    2. Can you post the web service alert URL for the multi-zone camera please
    3. Can you enable debug logging for the PI and then trigger the camera's zones and send me the debug log entries in the HS3 log file.
    Last edited by beerygaz; January 4th, 2018, 03:46 AM.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Code:
      Current Date/Time: 1/4/2018 10:05:03 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 6 Days 15 Hours 25 Minutes 45 Seconds
      IP Address: 172.30.90.100
      Number of Devices: 583
      Number of Events: 155
      Available Threads: 3200

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
      2.0.38.0: BLLAN
      3.1.1.24385: Blue-Iris
      1.2.2.0: Device History
      3.0.0.42: EasyTrigger
      3.0.0.20: Ecobee
      2.0.1.7: JowiHue
      1.1.17344.311: MyQ
      3.0.0.28: Nest
      0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
      3.0.5.6: SDJ-Health
      3.0.6561.37908: UltraLog3
      3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
      3.0.6542.35207: UltraWeatherWU3
      3.0.1.179: Z-Wave
      Blue Iris itself is V4.6.5.4 x64

Code:
      un:pw@172.30.75.100:22080/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
      and

Code:
      un:pw@172.30.75.100:22080/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Reset&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=Reset
      If I manually enter in either of these, substituting &CAM with the camera's short name, I get the expected response in the browser. I do in fact substiture P2=&TYPE with P2=Reset in all of my camera reset URLs because with some I found that I was getting sent a trigger alert rather than a reset alert even though function=Reset is in the URL. It may not be the way it's supposed to be, but it was a quick and easy mitigation. I exported 27 hours of logs with debug enabled because it should have multiple triggers for the cameras I'm focusing on.

The cameras Kitchen and Skylar are not zoned. They are simple full screen motion. The cameras Front and North are not only zoned, but I am also using zone override per preset. Lastly, I'm not sure why HS3 is reporting it's IP address above with 90 as the 3rd octet. The server has multiple Intel NICs which I have broken out into several virtual NICs for different VLANs. HS3 is bound to and listening on 172.30.75.100 while Blue Iris is bound to and listening on 172.30.90.100.

I am emailing you a 7-Zip archive of the HS3 log file. If you would find it helpful I can also send config exports from BI.

Comment

I think I found a bug(?) in the plugin. All of my camera devices have the status value for "Motion" equal to 11. Scroll down and the status graphic for Motion is 5. When one of my cameras has motion it correctly displays the graphic for motion, but the value is equal to 11 = . I switched the value for Motion from 11 to 5 and Value now correctly displays 5 = Motion. Anyhow, it's probably not a major thing, but I thought I would mention it.

Comment

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Yeah I ended up hard coding all of the camera short names into both the alert and resets UTLs. The only thing I couldn't do the &TYPE for the alert since it will presumably send MOTION_A, MOTION_B, and so on. I'm wondering if BI sending a parameter with an underscore _ character is somehow an issue. Like if the underscore is being used as a delimiter which then generates too many parameters.

Comment

Any chance you can upgrade BI to 4.6.6? I know Ken made a few changes to the the motion parameters in a recent update, and I wonder if the newer version will address the issue you're having. You're correct about the type, BI used to just send "MOTION", but now sends "MOTION_A/B/C" etc. I made a recent update to the PI to catch that and offer more granular event triggers.

Comment

Yeah I check for updates for both BI and this plugin pretty much every day and always install whichever is updated. I've been meaning to do a little more experimenting to possibly further narrow where the problem exists. Between everyday things like work, family and living in the Buffalo NY area where we can't seem to get a break with the weather, I just haven't done that yet. The errors are still popping up in the HS event log.

Code:
                Error in PluginProc: Parameter count mismatch.
                I don't know if you're more familiar with this error message than I am, but I can't tell if this is an indication that BI is sending more or less parameters than the plugin is expecting - and if that's the case, is it because of how the URL is crafted in the Alerts dialog of BI? Or how BI expands the variable &TYPE ?

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyMorningHours View Post
                  I think I found a bug(?) in the plugin. All of my camera devices have the status value for "Motion" equal to 11. Scroll down and the status graphic for Motion is 5. When one of my cameras has motion it correctly displays the graphic for motion, but the value is equal to 11 = . I switched the value for Motion from 11 to 5 and Value now correctly displays 5 = Motion. Anyhow, it's probably not a major thing, but I thought I would mention it.
                  This is by design. BI actually differentiates between motion and triggered, but it doesn't send that status to the plugin so the plugin just uses motion as an event trigger. Thus, both triggered and motion status use the same graphics.

Comment

Working...
                  X