Feature / help needed in elimination of Netcam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature / help needed in elimination of Netcam

I bought Blue Iris plug in to do away with the Netcam plugin but I have not been able to do that yet.

Is there some way to have HS3 email me a snap taken by the Blue Iris server on HS's command.

Currently I use Netcam but this event fails routinely sending the wrong picture. Pushbullet does not like Currentimage.jpg either. It would be nice to have some control over Blue Iris with HS.

Another reason to use Blue Iris to do this is speed. The BI server is fast but the HS3 server is slow, so using a local plugins is undesirable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cap3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1212016

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Bullet + Blue Iris

It is easy to have BI send emails and such but it is HS that is to control and orchestrate. If BI takes control of the notifications then I lose the centralized control, logging and the integration that HS offers. If HS generates a notification information can be appended that provides context. There is nothing in BI that will do this.

Ideally if BI has a file comparable to HS's currentimage.jpg then I'd be able to use PushBullet to send a picture.

Really what I am trying to do is have HS3 take control of the notifications rather than have BI do it.

Comment

Then use NetCam to grab the image based on the trigger you want. Just have it grab the snapshot from BI rather than the camera. That way you combine the plugins that are designed for their specific purpose to get the outcome you want.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Same as everyone else has said. I have Blue Iris trigger HS on motion and I also have BI send me the snapshots directly.

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
            Then use NetCam to grab the image based on the trigger you want. Just have it grab the snapshot from BI rather than the camera. That way you combine the plugins that are designed for their specific purpose to get the outcome you want.
            This sounds like like a good option. Do you happen to know if BI has an equivalent to Netcam's currentimage.jpg?

My goal is tighter integration with Pushbullet since it allows the snapshots to appear directly in the notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
              Same as everyone else has said. I have Blue Iris trigger HS on motion and I also have BI send me the snapshots directly.
              I am also doing this in reverse having HS trigger BI.

I might have used BI's MMS option if it were available to me, but to date my carrier does not have an email to MMS gateway setup.
              Last edited by Kitar; March 29, 2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                  Beerygaz, thanks for your ideas on this. If I understand you correctly then the Netcam plugin would be configured with one of BI's URLs rather than the IP of the camera. A quick search revealed that there are a couple dozen URLs associated with the BI server, so I have some work to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X