Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Trigger Motion in BI from Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Trigger Motion in BI from Homeseer?

Can someone explain how we can trigger motion or an alert in Blue Iris from Homeseer through this plugin? I want to try and use my Insteon Motion Sensor to trigger Blue Iris, in place of the built in BI motion detection feature which has never worked well for me (too many false positives).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Features.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1212150

Originally posted by Sinandgrin View Post
    Can someone explain how we can trigger motion or an alert in Blue Iris from Homeseer through this plugin? I want to try and use my Insteon Motion Sensor to trigger Blue Iris, in place of the built in BI motion detection feature which has never worked well for me (too many false positives).

[ATTACH]67301[/ATTACH]

Comment

So I looked through the 3 BI plugin options and the closest one I saw was the Camera Action -> Motion -> Enable/Disable option, but this only toggles on/off the Motion feature for a given camera, it does not trigger a motion event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BI Controls.png
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1195765

Comment

[ATTACH]67301[/ATTACH]
        Just thought it would be helpful to post this link to a guy that has made a series of videos on YouTube that have been really helpful to me in setting up BI. He has one specifically on setting up motion triggers in BI.
        Hope this helps!
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5...9m_COjg/videos
        HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Camera Action -> ManualRecord -> Enable

This event action will start the camera recording.

randy
          Last edited by randy_h; March 7, 2018, 10:40 PM. Reason: removed space from Manual Record

Comment

"Control a Device" -> "Trigger" is what you're looking for.
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              "Control a Device" -> "Trigger" is what you're looking for.
              Perfect, thank you Beerygaz, that was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't think to look under the 'Control a Device' drop-down option.

Comment

Perfect, thank you Beerygaz, that was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't think to look under the 'Control a Device' drop-down option.

Comment

Comment

Thanks guys

Thanks Beerygaz. I hadn't realized this Trigger option existed. I was using the Manual Recording Enable option then setting a timer to disable it.
                    Now, off to re-write my events.

Comment

Does this have a way to trigger a recording from a current buffer? As in, you know from observation the time of the event triggering was 10 seconds previous, so start the recording from a running buffer from there? Assuming the cameras are already set up for constant recording?
                      Last edited by wkearney99; April 2, 2018, 04:53 AM.

Comment

BI has a buffer feature. So if that is set then whenever you trigger a camera to record it will include the buffer time in that recording. 10 seconds is a huge buffer though and will put a lot of load on the CPU of your BI server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Any way to trigger a snapshot rather than a clip ?

I may be missing something here but I don't see any method to take a snapshot using the BI plugin. Is this not something we should be able to do?

Comment

No. This plugin is about control not media. There are two other plugins available that can take snapshots NetCam and UltraNetCam

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                              No. This plugin is about control not media. There are two other plugins available that can take snapshots NetCam and UltraNetCam

Thanks for the reply.
                              Both of the plug-ins you mentioned use local storage on the HS3 machine, and do deal directly with media and the camera hardware. What I am referring to is controlling BI. Triggering Blue Iris to take the snapshots so they are stored on the BI server and viewable through BI's interface.

Comment

Working...
                              X