Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Iris INFO:plugin start is pending

Hi All,

Upgraded to .435 but now get Blue Iris pi showing INFOlugin start pending on the "Manage" page

I did have a couple of other PI show the same (Imperihome/JowiHue) these appear to have sorted themselves out.

Any suggestions appreciated
    Steve

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
    Hi All,

Upgraded to .435 but now get Blue Iris pi showing INFOlugin start pending on the "Manage" page

I did have a couple of other PI show the same (Imperihome/JowiHue) these appear to have sorted themselves out.

Any suggestions appreciated
    Didn't want to answer so early but that's normal. I see it quite often. You just have to wait it out and sometimes restart HomeSeer.

Eman.
    The People's Advocate.

Comment

Have the same problem. Doesn't seem to have cleared up. Will try rebooting machine.

Rog

Comment

Tried rebooting, tried turning plugin off then on again, still showing "start is pending." Not sure what to do. Plugin does not seem to be accepting messages from BI...

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by rloeb View Post
          Tried rebooting, tried turning plugin off then on again, still showing "start is pending." Not sure what to do. Plugin does not seem to be accepting messages from BI...

Rog
          Restart both Blue Iris (Blue Iris constantly has updates!) and HomeSeer or the whole system.
          I have everything running on the same server with .435 with no problem.

Eman.
          The People's Advocate.

Comment

I'm on .423 and just started seeing that problem with a couple of plugins I just installed. Restarted the HS computer and all seems ok.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

And I have confirmed that the BI plugin is not running. I use BI for motion detection, triggering events in HS3. I will have to fallback to HS# v.368 for security reasons. Durn, I thought .435 was going to be stable :-(

Comment

Some thoughts:

1) I find that sometimes when a plugin updates, I have to disable it, wait for it to finish, and then immediately enable it. They usually come back to life after that.

2) Are you sure Blue Iris itself is working? Mine sometimes doesn't start up again after an automatic update. You can see it in Task Manager, but if the CPU time is sitting at 0%, its not running properly. I reboot the computer and everything usually comes back, although it has taken a couple reboots on two occasions.

3) Is Blue Iris up to date? Its possible that the new plugin requires the latest version of Blue Iris to be compatible.

I'm running HS 425 with the latest BI Plugin 3.1.1.24385, and the latest BI software 4.0.100.1190 (latest as of a couple days ago), and everything is working fine together.
                Last edited by Burrington; April 25th, 2018, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Are you seeing any errors in the HS3 log? The biggest change with the new upgrade is that plugins are spun up in a separate thread to improve responsiveness. This shouldn't have any negative effect on the plugin actually starting though.

Please post any log entries regarding the BI plugin form the HS3 log
                  Can you see the plugin running in Windows task manager?
                  Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

BlueIris is running and sending email alerts on motion detection. Version 4.7.3.0 x64.

There are no errors in the log. Running Linux, not Windows; no task manager. In Linux, HS3 runs as a service; while it's possible to see the process tree, none of the plugins show explicitly.

The log does say "Finished initializing plug-in Blue-Iris", but the status in the plugin manager remains "NFO: Plugin start is pending after 15 hours.

Rog

Comment

BlueIris is running and sending email alerts on motion detection. Version 4.7.3.0 x64.

There are no errors in the log. Running Linux, not Windows; no task manager. In Linux, HS3 runs as a service; while it's possible to see the process tree, none of the plugins show explicitly.

The log does say "Finished initializing plug-in Blue-Iris", but the status in the plugin manager remains "NFO: Plugin start is pending after 15 hours.

Rog
                      Run htop in a terminal window
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Thanks. Tried lots of utilities. Didn't know about htop. BI plugin is NOT running.

Comment

Gave up and went back to v.368, where everything is running just fine.

Comment

Gave up and went back to v.368, where everything is running just fine.

Think I may be doing the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Steve

Comment

I reverted to HS3 v.368, but I've messed something else up with BlueIris. I cannot get a configuration page to appear and it will not connect to BlueIris, even though everything in the .ini file appears to be correct. What did I break?

Rog

Comment

Working...
                              X