Blue-Iris heart beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue-Iris heart beat

I thought I could setup a simple event that would monitor the Blue-Iris app to ensure that it was still alive and communicating with HS. I first tried UltraMon3 on the BI server computer but the computer would be pingable and would not give a BI app status. I thought using the "Blue Iris Root" device as it has connected vs not connected but it seems to lag time wise in reporting correct state, am I missing? Mike
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Originally posted by MNB View Post
    I thought I could setup a simple event that would monitor the Blue-Iris app to ensure that it was still alive and communicating with HS. I first tried UltraMon3 on the BI server computer but the computer would be pingable and would not give a BI app status. I thought using the "Blue Iris Root" device as it has connected vs not connected but it seems to lag time wise in reporting correct state, am I missing? Mike
    Mike I run the BI Tools add-in on my BI server. It has a watchdog and will send out alerts when thresholds are met and or restart BI if it crashes. I have it configured to send me Pushover messages. This is all outside HS3, but it works well.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Mike I run the BI Tools add-in on my BI server. It has a watchdog and will send out alerts when thresholds are met and or restart BI if it crashes. I have it configured to send me Pushover messages. This is all outside HS3, but it works well.
      James, thanxs for recommendation, I like this better which in addition to sending alerts it can restart BI. I will have to look for the add-in, OK need some help where does one get the add-in and where within BI does interface with? Mike

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

What add-in? How do you get this?

Comment

James, thanxs for recommendation, I like this better which in addition to sending alerts it can restart BI. I will have to look for the add-in, OK need some help where does one get the add-in and where within BI does interface with? Mike
          Via IPCamTalk, but you can link directly via http://www.blueiristools.com
          cheeryfool

Comment

James, silly questions
            1. I see where one can set CPU thresholds and restart BI if its exceeded but where is the restart BI if it crashes selection?

2. Under the Pushover Settings Where does one get the Application API Token/Key? I have my User Key but did need the API whilst using it with HS3. Mike

Comment

James, silly questions

1. I see where one can set CPU thresholds and restart BI if its exceeded but where is the restart BI if it crashes selection?

2. Under the Pushover Settings Where does one get the Application API Token/Key? I have my User Key but did need the API whilst using it with HS3. Mike
              cheeryfool

Comment

James, many thanxs for the great BI tools recommendation, works like a dream. I like the fact that I can test the auto reboot of BI app capability by simply shutting it down manually. I finally got both Push and Email to work properly and am "cooking with gas"... Mike

Comment

James, many thanxs for the great BI tools recommendation, works like a dream. I like the fact that I can test the auto reboot of BI app capability by simply shutting it down manually. I finally got both Push and Email to work properly and am "cooking with gas"... Mike

Awesome.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

James, are you using the weather overlay and if so how does one get it to display on a specific camera? I see that there are macro's that can be assigned either specific elements or everything and on the actual BI app I see a system macro but I do not see how to assign to a camera. Mike

Comment

James, are you using the weather overlay and if so how does one get it to display on a specific camera? I see that there are macro's that can be assigned either specific elements or everything and on the actual BI app I see a system macro but I do not see how to assign to a camera. Mike
                      cheeryfool

Comment

I am not currently. I tried it a couple of years ago and decided I didn’t really want it. I am a bit rusty. I’ll take a look sometime this weekend but it probably won’t be until tomorrow night. Busy weekend
                        James, belay my last.. Problem solved! I had properly inserted the macro %1 using the overlay option with the specific camera but my font size was a 2 and I could not see the overlay text, by accident I expanded the camera image to full screen and lo and behold I could barely see minuet text which I enlarged and now can see it properly. The reason I wanted to use the weather overlay option is that I have a private Weather station (PWS) and wanted its information being overlaid on the camera that was looking at the wind vane view. Again for your support, Mike

Comment

Blue-Iris heart beat

James, belay my last.. Problem solved! I had properly inserted the macro %1 using the overlay option with the specific camera but my font size was a 2 and I could not see the overlay text, by accident I expanded the camera image to full screen and lo and behold I could barely see minuet text which I enlarged and now can see it properly. The reason I wanted to use the weather overlay option is that I have a private Weather station (PWS) and wanted its information being overlaid on the camera that was looking at the wind vane view. Again for your support, Mike
                          cheeryfool

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                          X