No announcement yet.

HSTouch & BlueIris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tome10 - I do not use a MyHomeseer account, but sounds liek you do. Sounds like MyHomeseer takes care of the networking access inside and outside of your network. I suspect that is just for access the HS3 server, and not BlueIris. Can you confirm if it also helps address BlueIris connecting via the plugin when outside of the home network?
    I don't use the UI3 URL for my HSTouch projects, I build and stretch my screens out to fit my phone, that being two images in portrait stacked per screen. I can look at live streams from BI from HSTouch in or outside LAN. I can't view clips via HSTouch as I don't think that's possible, but, there's no way I could build HSTouch into anything like the BI App, so I'm happy with just a quick view HSTouch provides.. if I want to view clips I use the BI App. I'm not sure what youre asking about the plugin connection. The plugin is connected on LAN only.

Comment

I came across this thread while searching for better ways of showing blueiris feed in HSTouch apps.

I have not had much luck with using image objects with cameras URLs on iOS apps. That method works fine on Android , but not on iOS. Because of number of connections HomeSeer opens with BlueIris when using iOS app, BlueIris eventually locks the client out from the feed.

Method described by mulu works great on iOS app, but it does not work on android for me and I was hoping that someone had similar issue and can point me to the right direction.

Here is the message I get on Android app , again this works just fine on iOS apps.

"Local Storage is disabled or unavailable in your browser. Settings will not be saved between session". The message goes away but the screen never moves passed "Loading H.264 Player"

I checked and HSTouch app has permissions to the storage on my phone and tablet. Any ideas ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1237714

Comment

BattleDroid, I don't think that message is the problem. I am also on Android and see that screen as well. It goes away and then loads just fine. Looking at your screenshot it seems you are stuck on "Loading H.264 Player" or does it get further from there? See where it gets stuck and then dig into that. Btw, you can probably disable that message. It's probably in the ui3.html file. Just comment out or delete the line of code that shows that message.

Comment

Can someone post a screenshot of the UI3 in action? I don't think i've ever seen what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
            Can someone post a screenshot of the UI3 in action? I don't think i've ever seen what it looks like.
            you can access it through your web brower by putting in the ip address : port/ui3.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDroid View Post
              I came across this thread while searching for better ways of showing blueiris feed in HSTouch apps.
              I have not had much luck with using image objects with cameras URLs on iOS apps. That method works fine on Android , but not on iOS. Because of number of connections HomeSeer opens with BlueIris when using iOS app, BlueIris eventually locks the client out from the feed.
              Method described by mulu works great on iOS app, but it does not work on android for me and I was hoping that someone had similar issue and can point me to the right direction.
              Here is the message I get on Android app , again this works just fine on iOS apps.

"Local Storage is disabled or unavailable in your browser. Settings will not be saved between session". The message goes away but the screen never moves passed "Loading H.264 Player"

I checked and HSTouch app has permissions to the storage on my phone and tablet. Any ideas ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.jpg Views:	1 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	1237714
              I have the same problem and the temp fix i have found for now is to put a older ui3 files back in you can get the old versions here https://github.com/bp2008/ui3/releases
              I found that 45 works and version 46 and above does not work. in my testing just replacing all the file with v45 did not work all the time but if you replace all the file with v31 and then replace with v45 it works fine. Let me know if this helps you out.
              Note: If Blue Iris updates it will over right these files.

UPDATE: this has been fixed in v51 now
              Last edited by stk1987; August 5, 2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                BattleDroid, I don't think that message is the problem. I am also on Android and see that screen as well. It goes away and then loads just fine. Looking at your screenshot it seems you are stuck on "Loading H.264 Player" or does it get further from there? See where it gets stuck and then dig into that. Btw, you can probably disable that message. It's probably in the ui3.html file. Just comment out or delete the line of code that shows that message.
                Mulu, it does not got past that point. I just realized notifications were turned off for new post, so sorry for late reply. Any ideas why it would get stuck on that step?

Comment

What is the last green "OK" you get. In your screenshot it's "Loading Vector Graphics...". Did it get any further from there or is it stuck at that position. If so, maybe your device/environment can't play H.264 streams because the next item is "Loading H.264 Player". Can you play other H264 streams? Also what is the URL you are using and how does your device connect (LAN or WLAN?). I am asking because I set an external IP address and when my device was on the LAN it was extremely slow (didn't really load) because the latest firmware for my router couldn't handle loop backs properly so I had to downgrade.

Comment

What is the last green "OK" you get. In your screenshot it's "Loading Vector Graphics...". Did it get any further from there or is it stuck at that position. If so, maybe your device/environment can't play H.264 streams because the next item is "Loading H.264 Player". Can you play other H264 streams? Also what is the URL you are using and how does your device connect (LAN or WLAN?). I am asking because I set an external IP address and when my device was on the LAN it was extremely slow (didn't really load) because the latest firmware for my router couldn't handle loop backs properly so I had to downgrade.
                    Mulu, the last green I used to get was vector graphics I tried this again today and it works. Stk1987 thought it was a bug in UI3 so it may have been resolved through automatic update since I tried it last time.

I still get that orange warning message , but it goes away once I tap it. I will research if there is a way to suppress it next.

Comment

That's good to hear. To disable that message open C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www\ui3\ui3.js (not the js and not htm). In the latest version (v51) on line 1838 comment out (put to slashes in front) the line
                      //toaster.Warning("Local Storage is disabled or unavailable in your browser. Settings will not be saved between sessions.", 10000);
                      This will disable that pop-up. It will come back on the next update, though so you will have to repeat it then.

Edit: Btw, you won't be able to simply save the file. You will have to do a "Save As", store it in some other location and then manually copy it back to that location overwriting the existing file. If you start your editor as administrator then that step might not be required.

Edit: Actually, whatever program you use for editing, start it in administrator mode. Then you will be able to store it without having to copy it around.

Comment

That's good to hear. To disable that message open C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www\ui3\ui3.js (not the js and not htm). In the latest version (v51) on line 1838 comment out (put to slashes in front) the line
                        //toaster.Warning("Local Storage is disabled or unavailable in your browser. Settings will not be saved between sessions.", 10000);
                        This will disable that pop-up. It will come back on the next update, though so you will have to repeat it then.

Edit: Btw, you won't be able to simply save the file. You will have to do a "Save As", store it in some other location and then manually copy it back to that location overwriting the existing file. If you start your editor as administrator then that step might not be required.

The fix worked after restarting the blueiris service on my server.

Do you know if there is a way to control default streaming profile through URL? Here is the link I use right now :

http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/ui3.htm?user=xx...=1&group=index

When the page opensUI3 defaults to H.264 720p streaming profile and I would rather start up using JPG SD profile on phone client.

Thanks for your help !

Comment

Hmm, I didn't have to restart the service. I simply made the change (I just did this when posting), excited from the HSTouch screen that shows the video, returned to that screen and the message didn't appear anymore.

Anyways, as for your other question, other options for the URL can be found by looking at the function HandlePreLoadUrlParameters in C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www\ui3\ui3.js The only options I see there is tab, group, cam and maximize. Therefore, it seems you can't set the profile through the URL. However, I think you can change the default for all clients. I did look at the ui3.js file. The profile seems to be stored in
                          ui3_streamingQuality . defaultSettings sets the value of this variable to "720p^". If you search for 720p then you will find a profile with w=1280, h=270, bitrate=2, kbps=1024. When you scroll down you will find the profile name "jpeg SD". So if you replace the "720p^" for ui3_streamingQuality with "Jpeg SD" then it should chose that as the default profile.

Comment

Ok, I found a better way to do this. In ui3.js and in the function HandlePreLoadUrlParameters add the following before the closing curly bracket '}' .

var profile = UrlParameters.Get("profile");
                            if (profile != '')
                            OverrideDefaultSetting("ui3_streamingQuality", profile, true, true, 0);

Now you can define a URL like http://[BlueIrisServerIP]:[BlueIrisWebServerPort]/ui3.htm?profile=Jpeg%20Low#

In the above example the profile will be set to "Jpeg Low". All other options you can find by looking at GenerateDefaultProfiles. You need to use the value set in p.name.

Edit: Note that capitalization matters. So if you set "jpeg low" it will go back to the default. Only if you use "Jpeg Low" (exactly as defined in GenerateDefaultProfiles) will it set that profile. Jpeg Low is actually really low quality. You might want to consider something a bit higher. Also I ASSUME this profile is just 'moving jpegs' which is very inefficient (each frame is a full jpeg image). If you use one of the video formats then it will transmit images as video, i.e. it will send a 'key frame/image' every so often and in between it will just send what changed from one frame to the next. That's much more efficient and will give you better image quality as the same bit rate.
                            Last edited by mulu; August 11, 2018, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Over the holidays I had time to change my HSTouch/Blue Iris integrations. I scrapped the camera screen I built and replaced with the URL Mulu provided. This works great! For me I use: http://(BI IP)/ui3.htm?maximize=1&group=horizontal. You see all of your cameras, can select an individual camera, etc. I have the main Blue Iris UI3 screen take up my full tablet screen. There are a few screens where I want to embed a smaller camera image, for example the front gate where I can confirm there is noting in he way and I can close the gate, turn on lights, etc. For that URL I use: http://(BI IP)/ui3.htm?maximize=1&cam=Cam11. At least for me, the Blue Iris UI3 interface handles the scaling well, the performance is nice, and my wife can see a difference int he performance.

Comment

I am running into a problem. I have not seen any post yet that works with the problem I am having. I am able to get blueiris to load both ways with pressing a button and just using the URL UI3. My problem is every time I try to access my camera feed it ask for a user name and password. I have tried putting the username before the URL and after, but neither works.
                                http://{blueirsIP}:{port}/ui3.htm?maximize=0&group=Hstouch&user={username}&pw={passwor d}
                                http://{blueirsIP}:{port}/cam7.htm

Both get me a feed, but i have to enter a username and password everytime.

Comment

Working...
                                X