Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display status text not string

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Display status text not string

    I'm having trouble displaying the status text of Blue Iris camera's properly in HSTouch/Designer. I simply want to display the current status of each camera, that is, "Connected" or "Disabled" or "Recording" etc etc. I can get the status graphic to display properly, however the text that is displayed is the string value, which is not the status. I have to assume that HSTouch is doing what it thinks it should be properly doing.

    I'm posting this in Blue Iris forum because I'm not sure why the string is showing what it does. It shows some data on the camera recordings.

    See images below. Is there a way to resolve this?

    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by ZeroGravitas View Post
    I'm having trouble displaying the status text of Blue Iris camera's properly in HSTouch/Designer. I simply want to display the current status of each camera, that is, "Connected" or "Disabled" or "Recording" etc etc. I can get the status graphic to display properly, however the text that is displayed is the string value, which is not the status. I have to assume that HSTouch is doing what it thinks it should be properly doing.



    I'm posting this in Blue Iris forum because I'm not sure why the string is showing what it does. It shows some data on the camera recordings.



    See images below. Is there a way to resolve this?



    Thanks in advance!
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Beery. Yes I will post there, I wasn't 100% sure where was the best place. Main reason I thought here was because it seems the plugin reports the status text if there is no string value, and reports the string value if there is a string value. For example if you look at the next camera (Den Reolink) it reports what I think should be the right status text "Disabled", and in this case there is no string value.

      Or maybe this is what HSTouch just does.............

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ZeroGravitas View Post
        Thanks Beery. Yes I will post there, I wasn't 100% sure where was the best place. Main reason I thought here was because it seems the plugin reports the status text if there is no string value, and reports the string value if there is a string value. For example if you look at the next camera (Den Reolink) it reports what I think should be the right status text "Disabled", and in this case there is no string value.

        Or maybe this is what HSTouch just does.............



        In hstouch you could set a text box to track the status value and then under statuscolors select matchvalue and set the alt text "1"=connected and I think "0" for diconnected. the text box will only show connected or disconnected then or whatever you put in the alt text box selection,

        Comment


        • #5
          While considering this question I decided to look more closely as the devices created by the plug-in and realized that, for my devices at least, there is a disconnect between the status text and the status graphics for 'Motion'. Is there something I need to or can do or is this a bug?
          Attached Files
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

          HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            While considering this question I decided to look more closely as the devices created by the plug-in and realized that, for my devices at least, there is a disconnect between the status text and the status graphics for 'Motion'. Is there something I need to or can do or is this a bug?



            checked one camera and my graphics for motion is an 11 and so is the status value. but then I also have double sets of values for the first 6 values, with the second of the set being "preset 1-6" looks like a mess to me. I then looked at another camera and it has the motion graphic at 5...so who knows???

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              While considering this question I decided to look more closely as the devices created by the plug-in and realized that, for my devices at least, there is a disconnect between the status text and the status graphics for 'Motion'. Is there something I need to or can do or is this a bug?
              I checked both my cameras and they are set up as expected....
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Beerygaz - I did find a work around per Wadesready comment. I do have a question though - why do you write the 'frame rate and number of new clips' to the string value? At other times you are writing the actual device status.

                I ask because HSTouch writes the string value to a text box if it is not empty, so that is why it shows up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I add frame rate & clips because it may be useful information to show in HSTouch or elsewhere, when the camera status is reflected by the icon. It seemed like duplicating the status as text, when that space could be used for other data metrics would be useful. When the camera is "disabled" there is no frame rate to show, so it defaults to showing the status (as your screenshot shows).

                  I don't use HSTouch, but are you saying it displays the string field if populated but the value field if the string field is empty and you have no method to choose between them?

                  As for the icons/status values. I use the same icon for "triggered" and "motion" because they change state so quickly (from motion to triggered) that you would never see the "motion" icon show up anyway.

                  Uncle Michael - If it won't break a load of events that reference the device reference ID, try to delete the camera device that's missing value 11 and re-create it. IT should then look like ZeroGravitas's example above.
                  Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

                  Comment

                  Unconfigured PHP Module

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X