Blue-iris not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue-iris not working

I have used this plg in with windows fine for some time. A few months ago I moved across to Linux, everything is 10* more stable except for the blue-iris plugin. It starts fine but I cannot get to the login page, it just hangs for ages then says error.

If I try to restart the plug in, this gets recorded on every start.
    Aug-15 10:58:39 Blue-Iris Error Login Error: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
    Aug-15 10:58:39 Blue-Iris Error Exception talking to server
    Aug-15 10:58:39 Blue-Iris Error Password not set in the config plugin page
    Aug-15 10:58:39 Blue-Iris Error UserID not set in the config plugin page
    Aug-15 10:58:39 Blue-Iris Error Server address not set in the plugin config page
    Aug-15 10:58:39 Starting Plug-In Plugin Blue-Iris started successfully in 1073 milliseconds
    Aug-15 10:58:38 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Blue-Iris ...
    Aug-15 10:58:38 Info Plugin Blue-Iris has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:36908
    Aug-15 10:58:37 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Blue-Iris

I have done a complete uninstall and manually removed any blue-iris referencing files. On reinstall I end up back at exactly the same point.

The ini file is empty, is it possible to enter the data straight in to the ini file and in what format?

Thanks

Any chance of any response on this, still not working in any way.

Comment

Apologies. Missed this with the new forum.It could be the installer is getting the filename wrong with Linux being case sensitive. I'll look into it. In the interim, you can manually add the following entries to HSPI_BI.INI in your /Config directory

[CONFIG]
      LOGLEVEL=Info
      LOGTOFILE=False
      SERVER=<ip address or fqdn of your BI server>
      USERID=<username for HS3 to use on your BI server - must be an admin>
      PASSWORD=<the password for the above user>
      REFRESH=0:01:00

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

That's great thanks, if that works no rush for a fix for me, be a long time before I change it again

Comment

Looks better but still not working, now getting this.
          Aug-22 15:22:33 Blue-Iris Error Error logging in to the BI server to obtain a session ID. Have you limited IP access in the BI WEb Server settings page?
          Aug-22 15:22:32 Blue-Iris Error Could not connect to the BI server -
          Aug-22 15:22:32 Blue-Iris Error Error logging in to the BI server to obtain a session ID. Have you limited IP access in the BI WEb Server settings page?
          Aug-22 15:22:31 Starting Plug-In Plugin Blue-Iris started successfully in 915 milliseconds
          There are not any limitations, and this is the same result even if I use the same account I use on my blue iris android app.

Also the password store in the ini file appears completely corrupted, the first 4 characters are correct, the rest are just garbage characters.
          Last edited by trevor-austin; August 22nd, 2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Can you now access the config page? If you can you need to re-enter your password. The version in the INI file is encoded for privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

No config page still so can't change the password without modifying the ini file. However this morning it tells me there is no matching username/pwd, but it hasn't changed

Comment

After rebooting everything and testing the homeseer account using the BI web interface, it still will not login,

I just get this,
                Aug-23 09:17:09 Blue-Iris Error Login Error: Failed login attempt: no matching user/pw
                Aug-23 09:17:09 Blue-Iris Error Could not connect to the BI server - Failed login attempt: no matching user/pw
                Aug-23 09:17:09 Blue-Iris Error Login Error: Failed login attempt: no matching user/pw
                But eventually line one changes to too many login attempts, so it is hitting the server, I can only think the password isn't getting decrypted before it is passed to BI.

Comment

Same issue, after setting password in INI file I get the same error as above. Config page doesn't load also.

Comment

Any chance you can drop me a mail on gavin at Highpeak.co.za - I’ll give you an interim fix

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                      Any chance you can drop me a mail on gavin at Highpeak.co.za - I’ll give you an interim fix

Done

Comment

+1 for the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by DaCeige View Post
                          +1 for the solution.
                          Still not fixed, although I can now manually add the config details.

Comment

Still no solution, what is the 1+ for? I configured the INI, turned the plugin on and doesn't work. Please post any ideas to get this working.

Comment

Gavin has been working on this with me and upgrading mono to version 5+ has completed fixed my issue. So worth a try.
                              https://www.mono-project.com/downloa...oad-lin-debian

Comment

Working...
                              X