Device: Trigger not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device: Trigger not working.

When I include a trigger action in an event, the motion trigger is not activated and I get an error in the log. I've tried it for several cameras and it fails for all of them.
    Debug log (time is inverted, starts at bottom):

Sep-01 2:45:18 PM Blue-Iris Error Trigger motion sensor on Shed failed:
    Sep-01 2:45:18 PM Blue-Iris Triggering motion sensor on Shed
    Sep-01 2:45:18 PM Blue-Iris Debug SetIOMulti set value: 101->ref:1619
    Sep-01 2:45:18 PM Device Control Device: Camera Blue-Iris Shed PTZ to Trigger (101)
    Sep-01 2:45:18 PM Event Event Trigger "Test Camera trigger test"
    Using the trigger button for the cameras on the Device Management page gives the same error.
    Clicking on 'Trigger now' in the BI GUI works as expected.

Is there a configuration step that I've missed? Other diagnostics that I can try?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Can you post your event?
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
      Can you post your event?
      It's pretty simple. (The image is from a test with a different camera than the one that generated the error message in the earlier post, but all cameras produce the same error message.)
      Attached Files
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

What are you trying to achieve? We use the BI triggers to run events.
        Michael

Comment

What are you trying to achieve? We use the BI triggers to run events.
          This is not a HS trigger from the BI plug-in to initiate an event, but a BI camera motion trigger to begin recording as if motion was detected by the camera. It's the equivalent of clicking on the "trigger" button on the HS camera device created by the BI plug-in (which also doesn't work). I want to have the camera go to a specific preset position (which works) and start recording (which doesn't work).

Comment

Michael, I sent this on Sunday but it never posted. Sorry for the delay.

Would this work?
            Michael

Comment

Michael, I sent this on Sunday but it never posted. Sorry for the delay. Would this work?
              Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried to use manual record first, but that didn't seem to work either. I'll give it another try, though. Does it work for you?

Comment

I've tested enabling manual trigger again, and it still does not appear to work. If I enable manual recording from within BI, then recording starts as expected, but using the plug-in function has no effect. Only the PTZ controls seem to work from the plug-in.

Another disadvantage of enabling manual recording vs. emulating a motion trigger is that BI does not create a new clip, but apparently appends the recording on the end of an existing manual record file if there is one. The date stamp on the file changes, but the file name remains the time of the first recording in the file.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  I've tested enabling manual trigger again, and it still does not appear to work. If I enable manual recording from within BI, then recording starts as expected, but using the plug-in function has no effect. Only the PTZ controls seem to work from the plug-in.

Another disadvantage of enabling manual recording vs. emulating a motion trigger is that BI does not create a new clip, but apparently appends the recording on the end of an existing manual record file if there is one. The date stamp on the file changes, but the file name remains the time of the first recording in the file.
                  if I click the trigger button on the hs3 interface, blue iris makes a recording on the appropriate camera. there is no stopping it once started however...

Comment

Well that's something, I guess. I was under the impression that pressing the trigger button was supposed to emulate a BI motion detect recording.
                    What happens if you right click on the camera in the BI user interface and then click on 'Trigger now' in the drop list? Does that recording behave like a motion detect trigger? It does for me.

Comment

Well that's something, I guess. I was under the impression that pressing the trigger button was supposed to emulate a BI motion detect recording.
                      What happens if you right click on the camera in the BI user interface and then click on 'Trigger now' in the drop list? Does that recording behave like a motion detect trigger? It does for me.
                      what do you mean by "behave like a motion detect trigger"? did you mean does it give notice in the hs3 log?

For me, Trigger now in Blue Iris behaves exactly the same as the Trigger button in HS3, both begin recording.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
                        what do you mean by "behave like a motion detect trigger"?
                        For me, 'Trigger now' in BI creates a red rectangle around the camera window, creates an alert clip in the 'New' folder, and records for the time specified for a motion detect event in BI, the same as if BI had actually detected motion for that camera.

For me, Trigger now in Blue Iris behaves exactly the same as the Trigger button in HS3, both begin recording.
                        For me, the plug-in device Trigger button has no effect.

Comment

When you trigger from BI, you need to add this as a trigger in your event (replace FDcam with your short name camera):
                          OR IF Camera FDcam has a(n) EXTERNAL alert
                          Michael

Comment

When you trigger from BI, you need to add this as a trigger in your event
                            I'm confused.
                            The problem that I'm having is that I'm trying to trigger a BI function from HS, and BI is not responding as I expect.
                            I am not trying to trigger a HS event FROM BI.

Comment

I'm confused.
                              The problem that I'm having is that I'm trying to trigger a BI function from HS, and BI is not responding as I expect.
                              I am not trying to trigger a HS event FROM BI.
                              This works for us. Much the same as above, but manually run from HS3. Our Driveway camera goes to preset 2 and BI starts recording.

[OT]Can someone tell me how to make the screenshot larger?[/OT]
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X