Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, what a combination!

HS3 + Blue Iris + your PI = Success.

We defined various profiles in Blue Iris. Then we used various conditions and triggers, including PHLocation to switch between our defined profiles. What a combination!

As just one example, if we are both home, certain interior cameras are disabled.

Thanks!
    Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Thanks for the positive feedback Rvtravlr - it's always good to hear the innovative ways folks are using the PI to adapt the tech to life rather than vice versa.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

This allows me to integrate with my weather station through homeseer very easily - so if it is very windy it goes to a profile that has larger object size and duration for motion detection - which works really well for cutting out shadows of moving trees. Another application is when it is snowing at night which drives motion detection crazy, it turns off motion detection altogether. It has cut down on false triggers significantly. Well worth the money.

Comment

We’re hoping the Blue Iris developer will implement setting presets and calling presets well over 20 because we have some autotracking cameras that go nuts when it snows. Currently, I have to log into the BI machine, run IE and navigate to the set or call preset to turn autotracking on or off.

Sure would be nice if it was implemented and then included in this PI.
        Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

You might try loading the UltraWeatherWU3 plugin and setting to a station close to your home. I use my personal weather station, but one that is close would also probably work. Then set up an event that triggers blue iris to a certain profile when the weather condition is snow. Snowing when it is dark means that all my cameras run a profile that has no motion detection at all. Just not worth it.

Comment

Good idea but the auto tracking is a function of the camera meaning I turn it on or off by calling/setting a preset.
            Michael

Comment

which auto tracking cameras have you had success with?

Devoir

Comment

See this thread on ipcamtalk.com

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/muddy-speed-demon.44585/
                Michael

Comment

SD59430U-HNI wow I need some of these are you able to use Blue Iris to control or setup the auto tracking?

Devoir

Comment

Watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgD5Uj3lxl4 Let Blue Iris do what you want like send emails when detecting motion including some PTZ to where you want the camera to point when say someone at the doorbell or a motion detector triggered but now let the camera do the smart tracking because that's where the true AI resides. (In other words do some settings in the camera itself)
                    There are some other expensive ways (People counting, Face recognition, Object tracking, Number plate reading and other video analysis ==>With Nvidia AI processing 4 cameras at the same time and allowing recording those moments) that you may not need in a home.

Eman.
                    The People's Advocate.

Comment

Any idea what brand Nelly is selling? I like the dome style over other PTZ style units.....

Priced pretty decent... anyone have this unit?

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                        Any idea what brand Nelly is selling? I like the dome style over other PTZ style units.....

Priced pretty decent... anyone have this unit?

Devoir
                        It's not any different from the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE 4MP 25x Network IR PTZ Camera. Even the software he is using looks similar. At some point he mentioned that they (Nelly's) can brand devices to your liking. I don't remember if it's a different video but they seem to be mas distributors and installers.
                        What I can say is that camera is a beast! as compared to the Amcrest which doesn't have smart tracking.
                        A few things though, you will have to order the wall mounting or ceiling brackets separately.

Eman
                        The People's Advocate.

Comment

Working...
                        X