X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rvtravlr
    started a topic Feature request

Feature request

Is it possible to add a camera action of hide/unhide?

Thanks,

Michael

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    For quite some time we were only recording on motion. Now we are recording continuously (selective cameras) and alerting on motion. This way we don’t miss anything and the alerts are easily viewed. We did, though, dedicate a Dell i7 just for Blue Iris.

Leave a comment:

• ocyberbum
    replied
    i found the IR option under blue Iris actions, not sure how i missed that one. but time to create some new events!!, Still wish there was away to include my insteon/zwave Motion sensors as a required trigger option in BlueIris to record, where it acted like a zone or something that the camera would not record until the camera picked up motion and one of my external sensors picked up motion at the same time and then it would trigger a record event for the camera

Leave a comment:

• ocyberbum
    replied
    I just switched to Homeseer in November so i primarily have Insteon 2842-222, Off top my head i would say 15 feet to 20 max on the insteon MS and i have zones/HotSpots setup in blueiris to cut out the trees and i am playing with zones A,B etc to see if that will help with shadow triggers. I think with zones, and Motion sensors working together i can reduce the problems, i have my sensors mounted around the house under the eve and yard/garages in traffic areas . I also have 1 in my mailbox and 1 on a fence post to cover my gate. . I recently bought 1 Zwave Ecolink Pirzwave2.5 to start testing for replacements for my insteon 28422 that were discontinued to replace the ones not mounted on the house , It is hard to find inexpensive, long battery + outdoor rated sensors. My favorite but expensive are the Aeotec muilti-sensor 6 that I am using on the front of the house to record packages and people walking up close to the house,. My goal is to see if i can find away to use the motion sensors close to the house/mailbox (driveway) to trigger events only when the HS motion sensor and the camera are both tripped at the same time to try and cut down on the false motion during the day and at night when head lights go by. Since the Aeotec are usb powered i want to run Cat6e cable to the sensors and use POE adapters to power the Aeotec sensors to give me the option to get more real time info from them. I have 17 cameras 11 outside, and even keeping spot lights on near the cameras and IR flood lights...those spiders seem to like the ones higher up, i guess those attract the better bugs! the only motions sensor i dont like are the ZOOZ 4in1, i have 4 of these but for me the battery doesn't last but 6 months on average and with 2 of them in my hallway they still dont pick up motion quick enough

Leave a comment:

• logbuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
    Hello, Unless I missed it somewhere, would it make sense to have the option to turn the Cameras IR off/On through events? because of spiders im trying to use motion sensors to trigger blue iris but would be interesting to also turn on the IR for the event then back off to see if it would keep me from having to clear so many webs and with the IR on it would take advantage of the IR flood lights I have

I too have problems with spiders which are drawn to the IR I suspect. Between spiders at night and shadows from branches and leaves in the day, the false positives almost negate the usefulness of camera detected motion. When I tune BI motion sensitivity to not trigger on shadows, it missed legitimate motion such as a delivery person.

What type of range are you getting with the motion sensors? What brand/model. One of my outside cameras is able to detect motion about 100 feet down my long driveway. I don't know of any motion sensors with that kind of range. I'm used to more like 10-15 feet at lowest sensitivity. Unfortunately that results in many false alerts.

Leave a comment:

• ocyberbum
    replied
    Hello, Unless I missed it somewhere, would it make sense to have the option to turn the Cameras IR off/On through events? because of spiders im trying to use motion sensors to trigger blue iris but would be interesting to also turn on the IR for the event then back off to see if it would keep me from having to clear so many webs and with the IR on it would take advantage of the IR flood lights I have

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    It will be in the next release during Q1 of 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    If Ken will enable the feature over the JSON interface then I'll happily implement it.
    Latest version is 4.8.4.6 so JSON should be working (I don’t know how to use JSON). Any time frame on when you might implement this feature?

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied

Beginning with 4.8.4.4, you will be able to send JSON:

"cmd":"camconfig"
    "camera":"short name"
    "session":"value key"
    "hide":true or false

Thanks!

Ken

It would be nice if you could integrate this within your PI.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    If Ken will enable the feature over the JSON interface then I'll happily implement it.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    No, Hide/Unhide. Currently, we can Enable/Disable with the PI. But, when a camera is disabled, it cannot record. A hidden camera can record but won’t show up in UI3 when BI is set to not show hidden cameras. A hidden camera that may be outdoors can still alert me on motion detection but it would be subtle; only I would know what happened.

The reason is that when we are home we don’t need to be on camera, as in looking at ourselves. There are times, however, that when we are home, or we have guests, that I may want to record from the hidden cameras.

My avatar is such because I’m a retired LEO. My position put my family at great risk so this is why we have cameras and may want to record from hidden cameras.

Hope this makes sense.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Do you mean disable/ENABLE? What's the use case?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    I sent a paid support email to the developer asking if this can be implemented. Thanks for your response.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X