Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Iris - Configuring HomeSeer events based off of BI app Geofencing

Hello all,

I'm trying to create events from the Blue Iris server and iOS app geofencing capabilities. Homeseer asks to define a device and I'm unsure what to do. Under mobile devices in the Blue Iris config it lists a device name ( Hostname?) and a long string of digits it lists as device id.

Anyone have success with this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 1.45.02 PM.png
Views:	255
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1275760

On the BI machine, navigate to Blue Iris Options -> Mobile Devices. Select one of your Mobile devices and click Enter Geofence. Enter JSON code where indicated, in my case: http://192.168.0.2/JSON?request=plug...e&P2=mrtiphone

For the BI PI, use whatever you entered for P2= and it is case sensitive, in my case it is mrtiphone that is entered in Device.

Name:	0EEE7427-98B4-4795-BF05-88E42E0437B3.png
Views:	238
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	1276136

Name:	B35DA976-1021-4ECB-B16D-C7F0942D6E26.png
Views:	191
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	1276137
    Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Did this ever get resolved so built in BI Plugin Trigger works? What goes in the Device field? I can do this with a JSON call to run a HS Event then do all the action from there but that does not explain how the Plugin trigger is supposed to be used

Comment

It has been working for us for quite some time. What specifically do you need to configure?
        Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Same question as the first poster. Using the BI plugin what goes in the Device field?

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS_BI_Event.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1312005
          Attached Files

Comment

I can make BI fire a event in HS to basically do the same thing with a JSON call in the Web Request are like you show but wanted to explore the built in trigger of the BI Plugin from teh HS side of things. It does not appear to work from HS.

This will fire event ref ID 52 every time I enter the GeoFence are. This is an alternate way of doing the same thing which is to run a HS event when a BI Mobile Device enters or exits the geofence area:

https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON...pass=*********

Comment

Never mind went back and re read the help file. Now I understand. Not very useful as I can do this with a JSON call to HS to simply run an event vice using the plugin trigger and still having to setup JSON call from BI to HS.

I thought maybe this was native and built function from the Plugin to BI and just worked with out any additional setup on the BI side. I see in the help file due to the polling nature of the plugin he uses JSON call to the plugin for HS events.

I will just stick with a direct JSON call to HS to fire an event when the GeoFence is entered or exited. You can do this locally http:// or HTPS:// via myhoneseer. No need to JSON to the Plugin to trigger an event when it can done directly without the plugin.

Comment

To do this with the BI PI, select Mobile devices tab under global settings. Double click on the device you want to geofence track.

Click image for larger version  Name:	17D9F2D5-17FA-411F-B247-6065D5599819.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	1312023

Click on Enter geofence and you will get this screen,

Name:	image_80018.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1312025

Add action by clicking the plus sign,

Click image for larger version  Name:	5F354D55-2BC8-45FD-9BCB-BA6FF6DB2F3F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	1312026

Enter this request,

http://192.168.0.2/JSON?request=plug...e&P2=mrtiphone

Note that what you put for P2 is the device name you put in the PI. In my case, it is mrtiphone and it is case-sensitive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	66A31F61-4D86-4C95-9771-56A1EC4E4503.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1312028
                Attached Files
                Michael

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
                  Never mind went back and re read the help file. Now I understand. Not very useful as I can do this with a JSON call to HS to simply run an event vice using the plugin trigger and still having to setup JSON call from BI to HS.

I thought maybe this was native and built function from the Plugin to BI and just worked with out any additional setup on the BI side. I see in the help file due to the polling nature of the plugin he uses JSON call to the plugin for HS events.

I will just stick with a direct JSON call to HS to fire an event when the GeoFence is entered or exited. You can do this locally http:// or HTPS:// via myhoneseer. No need to JSON to the Plugin to trigger an event when it can done directly without the plugin.
                  How are you using direct JSON calls? I’m trying to get a couple of commands, such as hide/Unhide cameras and Set a preset to work and haven’t figured it out. Help would be appreciated.

I would also appreciate knowing how you use the geofence. Sounds like it may be faster.

Thanks
                  Michael

Comment

My HS PC is 192.168.2.184. I have an Event in HS to do things when I am inside the geofence area. This event has event id 51. BI calls this event directly from the web request setup using HS JSON call.

http://192.168.2.184/JSON?&request=runevent&id=51

or can use the myhomeseer service if done remotely:

https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON...YourHSuserpass

Just change the BI Web Request from http to https for the second example.

Both run the same event and both work just depends on how you setup either locally on same lan or remotely via MyHS service.

Name:	GeoFence_inside.png
Views:	239
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1312047

I see in the BI Help page ( I am still on BI4) Web Server section it list some admin urls for BI:

Two of them seem interesting for what you are trying to do. I have not tied them yet to see if HS can send a similar URL back to BI to control its functions. I am sure there is a way.

/admin?camera=x&hide=1 or 0 Hide or show camera x (short name)
                    /admin?camera=x&preset=n Goto PTZ preset n on camera x (short name)

Comment

srodgers, thanks.
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                        srodgers, thanks.
                        Here is a sample JSON call to to disable a camera from a HS event:

&hs.urlaction("http://192.168.2.184:81/admin?camera=Drvway&enable=0&user=user&pw=password", "GET", "", "")

enable=0 to diable and 1 to enable. camera=shortname

This goes in an Execute immediate script command field.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CameraDisable.png Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	1312357
                        Substitute the hide or preset admin command for that function.

/admin?camera=x&hide=1 or 0 Hide or show camera x (short name)
                        /admin?camera=x&preset=n Goto PTZ preset n on camera x (short name)

Comment

srodgers Thanks for the examples! Greatly appreciated.
                          Michael

Comment

srodgers , how are you getting the event ID? Is it the reference ID? If so, my event is 281 yet I cannot get it to work when I click on the test icon.

I am using this to get the reference ID:

hs.WriteLog("Event Ref ID:", hs.GetEventRefByName("BI - Speak - Front Door Motion Detected - JSON"))

In the log I see:
                            Jun-26 8:32:43 PM Event Ref ID: 281
                            And in BI I am using this:

http://192.168.0.2/JSON?request=runevent&id=281

Click image for larger version  Name:	D6317E41-86AE-4A7D-BFF5-1ADD5BF1C805.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	43.8 KB ID:	1312837
                            Michael

Comment

This is the called event:

Name:	1DA1F13D-E7D8-4BF4-8849-745CEA454819.png
Views:	139
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	1312844
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X