Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Blue Iris for Motion Detection

Hello,
    What status value in each camera should I use in events for motion detection? I see that there are two different values in the Status Graphics tab of each camera for motion, Value 5 Triggered & 11 Motion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Also, I am using zone crossing for motion detection and I noticed in the BI event trigger that you can use motion in a specific zone/zones but is there a way to base it on the zone crossing trigger? In other words, if the zone crossing rules that I setup in BI trigger the camera, is it possible for the plugin to see that BI has been motion triggered and pass that along to HS?

With where I have my cameras setup there are a lot of shadows and if I use zone crossing options, it eliminates quite a few false triggers. In the BI plugin, if I trigger based on motion in a particular zone I'm going to have the same issue with false triggers.
    Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      Also, I am using zone crossing for motion detection and I noticed in the BI event trigger that you can use motion in a specific zone/zones but is there a way to base it on the zone crossing trigger? In other words, if the zone crossing rules that I setup in BI trigger the camera, is it possible for the plugin to see that BI has been motion triggered and pass that along to HS?

With where I have my cameras setup there are a lot of shadows and if I use zone crossing options, it eliminates quite a few false triggers. In the BI plugin, if I trigger based on motion in a particular zone I'm going to have the same issue with false triggers.

After setting up the zones options, did or do you see the event condition ex : "Camera Cam2 has a motion alert in zone A"?
      That's the only option you get in the event setup about zones. So I believe once the options in Blue iRis are setup the way you want then will be based on that.

Edit : There is also an option to set the object size and object contrast. So setup all options first (You also need to base your events on the time of the day)

Eman.
      The People's Advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

After setting up the zones options, did or do you see the event condition ex : "Camera Cam2 has a motion alert in zone A"?
        That's the only option you get in the event setup about zones. So I believe once the options in Blue iRis are setup the way you want then will be based on that.

Edit : There is also an option to set the object size and object contrast. So setup all options first (You also need to base your events on the time of the day)

Eman.
        Hey Eman,
        So once I have my zones setup in BI, I am only able to trigger based on motion in that zone and not based on the trigger rules setup in BI for zone crossing?

I’m wondering if the plugin author would consider adding this in the plugin?

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hey Eman,
          So once I have my zones setup in BI, I am only able to trigger based on motion in that zone and not based on the trigger rules setup in BI for zone crossing?

I’m wondering if the plugin author would consider adding this in the plugin?

That's what it looks like. The whole zone setup options assumed as a single trigger. I might be wrong but let's wait to see what he comes out with.

Tip : Don't forget to turn off motion trigger in the camera apps. Let Blue Iris do the triggering.

Eman.
          The People's Advocate.

Comment

The way BI works for me is all motion triggers (zone to zone) or simple motion will trigger to record and send an event to BI. It has been several moths since I set this up, but I wanted to know when a vehicle came in the driveway and out of the driveway to trigger different events. After a LOT of searching, I came across this video about camera cloning. If I understand the question correctly, I *think* this approach addresses your ask. It addressed my need. I remove the cloned camera from the BI dashboard view and only show the original camera with simple motion enabled, but up to each person's preferences.

Comment

Was there a resolution to this request?

I have the same issue whereby I need a Homeseer Event toTrigger when 2 zones are crossed in a Blue IIris Camera.

The Alerts work fine when triggered to send a text.

I just can't get a Homeseer event to trigger in the same manner (ie zone crossing)

Doug

Comment

Working...
              X