Homeseer/BlueIris(trial)/Amcrest NVR configuration HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeseer/BlueIris(trial)/Amcrest NVR configuration HELP

I'm new to Homeseer. Converting from IRIS by Lowes. Ive managed to stumble through most of my other issues, but I cant seem to get my Amcrest NVR linked to my trial version of Blue Iris. I have the Amcrest Camera system up and running. I can view my cameras locally or remotely using Amcrest view pro. I want to use the Blue Iris app to integrate the cameras and features with Homeseer. I'm not sure what is wrong. When I put the IP address of the NVR (192.168.1.74 or http://192.168.1.74) into the Blue Iris server config settings and try to test I keep getting a error "the remote server returned a error: (404) not found" I'm not sure what else to try. I don't speak geek well so please speak slowly. I can usually figure it out given enough time, but I'm at a loss to this one.

Amcrest NVR NV1104E
    Currently have 2 POE cameras hooked up. Another to be installed soon.

Do you have BlueIris software running someplace? Does it run on your NVR?

http://blueirissoftware.com/

Comment

No I'm don't have any separate BlueIris software loaded onto anything other than the plug in on my home troller. I thought that the homeseer BlueIris plugin would directly link to my Amcrest NVR. If Im following you. your saying I have to have a separate computer running BlueIris that in turn would link to the Homeseer plug in. Thats kind of getting more involved than I wanted. Is there a way to load blueIris onto the NVR. if not is there a cloud based version of BlueIris that I could tie to. Also It looks like I will have to pay once again for more software. Thanks for the quick response. Im trying to get this done by the end of this weekend. Iris by Lowes shuts down Sunday night. The cameras are the only thing I have left to get up and running.

One other thing. Im running apple products for main computing power. That seems to be causing some crossover issues also.

Comment

Yes - the Blue Iris plugin for homeseer requires a computer running blueiris. I know of no other way that it will work, but others may chime in.

I'm fairly new to blueiris - but i will say it's worth every penny of the $60 i paid for it. You can run a free trial - I'd make sure it can talk to your NVR before doing anything else.

Comment

My problem with that is I didn't want to have to have a computer running just for BlueIris. Thats why I bought the hometroller. I wanted a separate compact stand alone device to control the house/security/cameras. I guess I should have done more research first. Thanks for the input. Do you know if BlueIris has a program/app for Apple/Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
            . Do you know if BlueIris has a program/app for Apple/Mac.
            Yes - i know that they do not.

Comment

My problem with that is I didn't want to have to have a computer running just for BlueIris. Thats why I bought the hometroller. I wanted a separate compact stand alone device to control the house/security/cameras. I guess I should have done more research first. Thanks for the input. Do you know if BlueIris has a program/app for Apple/Mac.
              The problem with Apple/MACs, they don't do everything! but if you have to reconsider and ("automate") future proof then start here : https://www.amazon.com/NUC7i5BNK-Dua...%2C234&sr=8-10

Or you could also have gone for Synology but that also would cos't you a licence fee for using more than two cameras!

Eman.
              The People's Advocate.

Comment

Thanks Eman. Great Idea had I not already been $$$$ deep into the Hometroller route. Im not opposed the a license fee. I just don't want 2 or 3 license fees and then a pc linked to a NVR and 3 cameras which then is all linked to the homeseer, my brand new homemade network cabinet is already bulging with gear and cables. I see the thought behind the mini computer. again great idea had I known that upfront I probably would have gone that route. using your thought, I may decide to buy a cheaper mini pc just to sit between the homeseer and the NVR. As I have the NVR I don't need the mini pc for video storage. I have a 1TB hard drive in the NVR. I would need it just to run BlueIris. As the Hometroller is basically a mini PC is there a way to load BlueIris software directly into it. (2 birds 1 Stone)

Comment

Thanks Eman. Great Idea had I not already been $$$$ deep into the Hometroller route. Im not opposed the a license fee. I just don't want 2 or 3 license fees and then a pc linked to a NVR and 3 cameras which then is all linked to the homeseer, my brand new homemade network cabinet is already bulging with gear and cables. I see the thought behind the mini computer. again great idea had I known that upfront I probably would have gone that route. using your thought, I may decide to buy a cheaper mini pc just to sit between the homeseer and the NVR. As I have the NVR I don't need the mini pc for video storage. I have a 1TB hard drive in the NVR. I would need it just to run BlueIris. As the Hometroller is basically a mini PC is there a way to load BlueIris software directly into it. (2 birds 1 Stone)
                  If it was a Windows based Troller, but it would not handle the resources required by Blueiris and aslo you may need access to install extra software (but that I don't know)

Edit : There are some topics about NVR with HomeSeer but I did not read much into them : https://www.google.com/search?q=How+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Eman.
                  The People's Advocate.

Comment

Stroll over to ipcamtalk.com

Now, here, we have a Win7 computer running HS3 Pro and the plugins we want including the BI plugin. That’s it.

Blue Iris although it can run along side HS3 is on an EBay Win10 computer for $250 and stashed in a closet.

We want HS3 and BI to be separate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BE6E2CEC-6B6B-42DB-9FAC-96D15F92C128.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1295958
                    Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

I agree Michael. Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                        Stroll over to ipcamtalk.com

Blue Iris although it can run along side HS3 is on an EBay Win10 computer for $250 and stashed in a closet.
                        I went this route as well and bought a cheap ($225) used lenovo PC running Win10 from ebay for blueiris. It has an I5-6600 CPU/GPU so a lot of the graphics processing is unloaded to the GPU. I run 7 cameras at ~55% CPU usage doing motion detection, timeplase, you name it. I followed this thread:

https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/choosing-...for-blue-iris/

The combination of homeseer, blueiris, and weather data is difficult to beat. Snowing at night? Turn off motion detection.... etc etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X