HomeSeer Fails to Trigger Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeSeer Fails to Trigger Camera

I had to delete one of my Blue Iris camera clones because of the bitrate bug. It was being triggered just fine with a Z-Wave door/window sensor attached to a walk-in gate. The event would trigger the original clone, and Blue Iris would email out a snapshot via the alert tab.

The new clone I built works fine when triggered via the Blue Iris 'Trigger Now' button, and an email snapshot gets emailed.

But in the HomeSeer events, the Z-Wave sensor being opened fails to trigger the new clone, although the immediate next step in the event is to send a Pushover message, and that part works, so I know the sensor is working well.

So I am guessing there's some issue with HomeSeer being able to cause this new clone to be triggered. HomeSeer recognizes the new camera as online, etc. It has a new camera name, and that name is listed as a device which can be controlled. I am attaching a screenshot of the Gate Open event.

The log shows:

Blue-Iris Debug Camera: PTZ_Clone2 [PTZ_Clone2] Status: Online
    Blue-Iris Error Trigger motion sensor on PTZ_Clone2 failed:
    Blue-Iris Triggering motion sensor on PTZ_Clone2
    Blue-Iris Debug SetIOMulti set value: 101- >ref:13
    Device Control Device: Blue-Iris System PTZ_Clone2 to Trigger (101)

Any pointers appreciated.

Just to point out, the HomeSeer can leverage other Blue Iris features within events, such as changing the PTZ camera's presets.

Comment

Figured it out. I had removed the Administrator from the Blue Iris user which HomeSeer uses. Now the HS3 can trigger the camera just fine.

Comment

I know this goes back a few months but I can not get cameras to trigger in HS3. How exactly is this accomplished? I have a few cameras that I would like to run events with but can not figure out how. By removing the Admin Account as mentioned what account do you use? Do I create a HS3 account in BI then link that to HS3 BI Addon?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry my wording was unclear. HS3 NEEDS an admin account from Blue Iris in order to work. Just create a new admin account in Blue Iris, and have HS3 use that admin account to access Blue Iris.

Here's a view of the 'Gate Opened' event. A door sensor becomes opened, and HS3 then triggers a cloned camera, and sends out a PushOver.net text message. Within that cloned camera, a trigger event causes the camera to take a snapshot and email the image out to me. So I get both an email with the image and a text popup to my mobile device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3_Gate_Trigger2.png
Views:	148
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	1325996

Comment

Working...
          X