No announcement yet.

PluginProc:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working on implementing BI alerts into HS and discovered this thred as I'm having the same issue as described by the OP. Through the thread I can see that there has been development in the plugin and BI to resolve, but I think there is some new or lingering issues.

I'm running BI 5.0.6.2 and BI Plugin 3.1.3.33206

Alerts were getting to the BI plugin (seen in the log), but BI was only passing MOTION on the type, which would case an exception when I tried to run an event:

Code:

Nov-14 9:54:11 PM Blue-Iris Error Error in PluginProc:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    On BI I had the alert URL's configured on one camera, then I have "Fire when: Any camera in this camera's group is triggered" so the alert config would not need to be replicated for all cameras.

I discovered when BI is in this mode it will only pass MOTION as the type, when you change it to "Fire when: This camera is triggered" the zones become active and BI will pass the zone along with the MOTION type, which is what the plugin/event is expecting:

Code:

Nov-14 9:53:56 PM Blue-Iris Debug Trigger MOTION_A matched for BI alert MOTION_A on D1 - Firing event
    All is good right? not yet. Now, the trouble comes where BI issues the RESET after the motion timer expires. When the resent is sent from BI it only specifies as type RESET, which causes the exception error. i expect that BI used to report reset for the specific zone that was triggered, which is what the plugin is expecting. So likely a BI problem, but it would be nice if we could put in a workaround for when zones aren't specified by the BI.

Comment

Since there hasn’t been input from the developer maybe he will provide the source code so those of us that have purchased his plugin can make the required changes.
      Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
        Since there hasn’t been input from the developer maybe he will provide the source code so those of us that have purchased his plugin can make the required changes.
        It's a strange thing indeed. beerygaz is typically on top of issues... It appears he is logining in (11/9/19)... Strange..

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
        X