Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macros .......... Temperature values from Homeseer to Blue iris

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Macros .......... Temperature values from Homeseer to Blue iris

    Greetings,

    I am running a trial version of Homeseer to test if homeseer can do what I need. Uptill now I use a vera plus to collect data from my temperature sensors. insert it in a txt file. with winscp I get the file to the blue iris computer and insert it in the macro's. ... Works fine.

    The same needs to be done with homeseer. Have other people allready done this? Is there an easy way to do this , or do I need to have a script again to write the data in a txt file , somehow send it over to the other computer etc.
    Or does the Blue iris plugin take care of this?

    Thanks,
    Cor

  • #2
    You can set Blue Iris Macros directly in the Blue Iris plugin.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh cool , that's awesome.
      Many thanks,,
      Cor

      Comment


      • #4
        Bought homeseer a couple of days ago en setting up plugins now.

        Blue iris plugin is installed and I see in the device managment a lot of blue iris "devices".
        Can someone tell me how to get data from a sensor ( Temperature and humidity) as a macro in blue iris ( The blue iris I know how it works , just can't find anything for the homeseer side)

        Many thanks,
        Cor

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bill1219 View Post
          You can set Blue Iris Macros directly in the Blue Iris plugin.

          Can you tell me how to set these macros in Homeseer? I am unable to find something .
          Thanks,
          Cor

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post


            Can you tell me how to set these macros in Homeseer? I am unable to find something .
            Thanks,
            Cor
            More Input...

            Perhaps you can provide some details as to what you're trying to accomplish. I read it as you want to get temperature sensor data from the HomeSeer application (ie devices) and send it to Blue Iris (a Camera application?) or to the computer that's running Blue Iris? Not sure why you would want to send temp data to the Blue Iris Application via the Blue Iris plugin??

            Are your temperature sensors in HomeSeer now?

            Z

            Comment


            • #7
              vasrc

              Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
              Greetings,

              I am running a trial version of Homeseer to test if homeseer can do what I need. Uptill now I use a vera plus to collect data from my temperature sensors. insert it in a txt file. with winscp I get the file to the blue iris computer and insert it in the macro's. ... Works fine.

              The same needs to be done with homeseer. Have other people allready done this? Is there an easy way to do this , or do I need to have a script again to write the data in a txt file , somehow send it over to the other computer etc.
              Or does the Blue iris plugin take care of this?

              Thanks,
              Cor


              According Bil1219 This can be done directly via the blue iris plugin. Sending Data from homeseer ( temperatures from temperature sensors and humidity sensors to overlay them on my cameras in Blue iris) (Blue iris is a camera application).

              Why I want that? When I look at my cameras , I see in every room , what the temperature over there is , and humidity.

              Thanks,
              Cor

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                vasrc





                According Bil1219 This can be done directly via the blue iris plugin. Sending Data from homeseer ( temperatures from temperature sensors and humidity sensors to overlay them on my cameras in Blue iris) (Blue iris is a camera application).

                Why I want that? When I look at my cameras , I see in every room , what the temperature over there is , and humidity.

                Thanks,
                Cor
                If you're just setting macro values, create an HS event and look at the Actions for the BI plugin. There should be a "Set BI Macro" option. Problem may be getting the HS device value into the Action though.

                Z

                Comment


                • #9
                  You can set the macros (1-9) directly using an action as vasrc says, You can also use substitution to put HS values in the text. Check the plugin help file for examples.
                  Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vasrc View Post

                    If you're just setting macro values, create an HS event and look at the Actions for the BI plugin. There should be a "Set BI Macro" option. Problem may be getting the HS device value into the Action though.

                    Z
                    If you're not familiar with Replacment variables, search in the HS help file or in this case ( $$DVR:ref#: )

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      vasrc ​​​​beerygaz , ; Thanks a lot, I found in the events how to insert a macro, as Vasrc expected , not that easy to insert a variable from a device in there . Thanks for the headsup on the helpfile. Some reading to do in the following days!

                      Cor

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh .. something went wrong.

                        I just upgraded to HS4 and there are a lot of errors on these scripts now:

                        Code:
                        3/27/2020 1:02:19 PM
                        HomeSeer
                        Error
                        Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\hobby.vb: 'hsp' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.
                        3/27/2020 1:02:19 PM
                        HomeSeer
                        Error
                        Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\hobby.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
                        And this is the script:
                        Code:
                        Public Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
                        
                                Dim strFileName As String = "C:\BlueIris\Temperatures\hobby.txt"
                                Dim strData As String
                        
                        
                                Dim decHobbyT As Decimal = hs.DeviceValueEx(140)
                                Dim decHobbyH As Decimal = hs.DeviceValueEx(142)
                        
                                Dim intAttempts As Integer = 0
                                Dim intMaxAttempts As Integer = 2
                                Dim oFile As System.IO.StreamWriter
                        
                               strData ="Hobby temperature"& " " & " " & " "  & decHobbyT.ToString("N1")& " " & Chr(176) & "C" & vbcrlf & _
                               "Hobby  humidity"& " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " "  & decHobbyH.ToString("N1")& " " & "%"
                        
                                Do Until intAttempts = intMaxAttempts
                        
                                    Try
                                        oFile = New System.IO.StreamWriter(strFileName)
                                        oFile.WriteLine(strData)
                                        oFile.Close()
                                        Exit Do         'Success, file write succeeded
                        
                                    Catch exFile As Exception
                                        intAttempts += 1
                                        hs.WriteLog("DataCSV", CStr(intAttempts))
                                        hsp.WaitMS(10)
                        
                                    End Try
                        
                                Loop
                        
                            End Sub

                        Anyone has an idea what is going on?

                        many thanks,
                        Cor

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I can't help with the script error. Not on HS4 yet. As for inserting variables into the BlueIris Macros, it is fairly simple. I use the BI macros to display outside weather conditions, door lock status, security system status, etc. See the screenshot attached. You can find all of the available replacement variables here http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                            Oh .. something went wrong.

                            I just upgraded to HS4 and there are a lot of errors on these scripts now:

                            Code:
                            3/27/2020 1:02:19 PM
                            HomeSeer
                            Error
                            Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\hobby.vb: 'hsp' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.
                            3/27/2020 1:02:19 PM
                            HomeSeer
                            Error
                            Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\hobby.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
                            And this is the script:
                            Code:
                            Public Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
                            
                            Dim strFileName As String = "C:\BlueIris\Temperatures\hobby.txt"
                            Dim strData As String
                            
                            
                            Dim decHobbyT As Decimal = hs.DeviceValueEx(140)
                            Dim decHobbyH As Decimal = hs.DeviceValueEx(142)
                            
                            Dim intAttempts As Integer = 0
                            Dim intMaxAttempts As Integer = 2
                            Dim oFile As System.IO.StreamWriter
                            
                            strData ="Hobby temperature"& " " & " " & " " & decHobbyT.ToString("N1")& " " & Chr(176) & "C" & vbcrlf & _
                            "Hobby humidity"& " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & decHobbyH.ToString("N1")& " " & "%"
                            
                            Do Until intAttempts = intMaxAttempts
                            
                            Try
                            oFile = New System.IO.StreamWriter(strFileName)
                            oFile.WriteLine(strData)
                            oFile.Close()
                            Exit Do 'Success, file write succeeded
                            
                            Catch exFile As Exception
                            intAttempts += 1
                            hs.WriteLog("DataCSV", CStr(intAttempts))
                            hsp.WaitMS(10)
                            
                            End Try
                            
                            Loop
                            
                            End Sub

                            Anyone has an idea what is going on?

                            many thanks,
                            Cor
                            Probably not supporting hsp (HS Phone) anymore. Just use a normal HS wait statement (hs.waitSecs (x) ) More than your 10 ms, but for a 2x loop probably won't make a difference. Some say it works with decimal seconds (0.1), so you could check that out as well. If it's VB Net you could use "Threading.Thread.Sleep(ms)" as well.

                            Z

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              damiene77 :

                              ​​​I can't use the macro option in the blue iris plugin, since I have to many temperatures and humidities I want to display:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-03-27 16_38_14-heubergau.hopto.org_84 Remote View - Internet Explorer.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	1373126
                              These are 2 macro's for all data. The other 7 macro's I use individually on the cameras.

                              vasrc : ah ha , I read something on Hsphone not possible on Hs4. This scripting was done for me , I have absolutely no idea what or how to change it with a "HS wait statement". Do you have time to help me with that?

                              This is one of the scripts:
                              Code:
                              Public Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
                              
                                      Dim strFileName As String = "C:\BlueIris\Temperatures\hobby.txt"
                                      Dim strData As String
                              
                              
                                      Dim decHobbyT As Decimal = hs.DeviceValueEx(140)
                                      Dim decHobbyH As Decimal = hs.DeviceValueEx(142)
                              
                                      Dim intAttempts As Integer = 0
                                      Dim intMaxAttempts As Integer = 2
                                      Dim oFile As System.IO.StreamWriter
                              
                                     strData ="Hobby temperature"& " " & " " & " "  & decHobbyT.ToString("N1")& " " & Chr(176) & "C" & vbcrlf & _
                                     "Hobby  humidity"& " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " " & " "  & decHobbyH.ToString("N1")& " " & "%"
                              
                                      Do Until intAttempts = intMaxAttempts
                              
                                          Try
                                              oFile = New System.IO.StreamWriter(strFileName)
                                              oFile.WriteLine(strData)
                                              oFile.Close()
                                              Exit Do         'Success, file write succeeded
                              
                                          Catch exFile As Exception
                                              intAttempts += 1
                                              hs.WriteLog("DataCSV", CStr(intAttempts))
                                              hsp.WaitMS(10)
                              
                                          End Try
                              
                                      Loop
                              
                                  End Sub


                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X