Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Motion error going to get fixed for BI5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacobegan View Post
    Just installed the Blue Iris plug in, created an event, when motion is detected, turn on living room light. Motion is being detected in BI, the video is being recorded as a triggered motion event. I'm running BI 5. Maybe this isn't working correctly in BI5?
    That's is correct, the PI does not correctly "parse" BI5 motion triggers. I've been using MQTT
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Got it, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        Hey there... not to usurp a PI author's ability to sell their plugin, but if you need a workaround, this can be done reliably without the PI. I current use motion detection in blue iris to change a virtual motion detector I created in HS3. From there you can fire whatever event you want.

In blue iris, in the camera properties/alert tab, configure a new "on alert' action... then "configure a web request"

This is the command for the web request to change your VD motion detector to 'motion'

<HS3 IPort>/JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=<VDmotionDetector Reference ID>&label=Motion

When motion is detected, it fires an event. At the end of the event I have it set the VD motion detector back to 'no motion'.... and set to not rerun for 5 minutes).

Hope that helps. let me know if you have any questions.
        Thank you for this! Simple solution that works without delay.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobegan View Post

Thank you for this! Simple solution that works without delay.
          You are welcome!!!

Comment

Tomgru thanks for the workaround. I just setup my first HS camera and it's been a learning experience. Your "VD" sure simplifies things.

Comment

Working...
            X