Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Iris V5 and Motion Alerts with HS3 -- help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris V5 and Motion Alerts with HS3 -- help !

Hello,

I'm trying to get my Blue Iris V5 enabled to send motion alerts to trigger my outdoor lighting using HS3, but am lost as to what to do to make it work... ( my knowledge of Blue Iris and Alerts is minimal )

I've tried to follow the information in the recent post, however, I am stuck as to how to enable -- https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ca...-motion-alerts

After setting up Alerts (in thread mentioned above) in Blue Iris under "Active 1", I try to test the connection but get the error -- "1 action/s skipped based on active profile" ? So it seems that Blue Iris is not set up correctly to enable...

Perhaps there is a user guide for this plug-in ? I could not find one....

Thanks,
    Jack

Did you get this figured out? I have HS3 and BI V5 but not the BI plugin for HS3. I use HS3 to change BI V5 profiles based on lux levels and geofencing. I use BI Alerts to send web requests to HS3 to change the state of a virtual device. When the state of the virtual device changes it triggers events.

Comment

Jack,

Are you using the Blueiris plugin?

I have blueiris v4, HS3 and the plugin and get motion alerts, geofencing alerts.

I am not sure how you could connect bi5 without the plugin,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not using the BI plugin but I was able to get BI and HS to communicate with some trial and error.

I was able to get this working by first sending a JSON command to MyHS. There was a bug in BI V5 that has been fixed. The steps I took were used to locate the problem and should save you some time if you have any problems. Modify and copy the command below without the quotes and paste it into your browser. The command below sets device 247 to 100.

"https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON?user=MyHSUsername&pass=MyHSPassword&request=controldevi cebyvalue&ref=247&value=100"

I have HS3 running on the same PC as BI V5. If you get the command above working to MyHS and it doesn't work going directly to your PC check your firewall settings. My firewall is disabled. Try the command below without the beginning and ending quotes in your browser to trigger the same device this time directly to your HS system.

"http://192.168.1.11:8080/JSON?user=MyHSUsername&pass=MyHSPassword&request=controldevi cebyvalue&ref=247&value=100"

When you the above command works you are ready to test it in Blue Iris. Open the camera settings for the camera you want to trigger HS. On the Alerts tab click On Alerts and create a new "Web request or MQTT". BI supplies a http:// prefix so modify your command to remove that. You can test in BI and it should work. You can reset the device in the On Reset section. I set device 247 to 0 to turn it off.

I read that people were having troubles sending commands to BI and it was caused by having "Use secure session keys and login page" checked. This is located under BI settings, Web Server tab, Advanced button.

To change the BI profile from HS3 create an event and have it "run a script.or script command". Check the "Run immediate script command:" box. I use the command below to change to profile 1 and keep it on until I change it to another profile. I set the profiles based on occupancy and outdoor light levels. I have a profile to turn off motion detection based on weather but I do not have the weather portion in HS working yet. The quotes below are needed.

&hs.geturl("http://192.168.1.11","/admin?profile=3&lock=2&user=BIUser&pw=BIPassword",FALSE,BILo calPort)

Change with your BI user, password and the local port of BI. In BI help there are other commands you can send to BI like trigger a camera, change the PTZ presets etc.

I use HSBuddy for Geofencing. It works well for me but you could use the Geofencing in BI and set a Virtual HS device.

The link below has other JSON commands you can send to HS.

https://homeseer.com/support/homesee..._with_json.htm

Comment

jzimmer238 might I suggest that you use the internal LAN IP of your HS3 machine instead of myHS. This would keep everything local and not dependent on the Internet.
          Michael

Comment

Thanks Michael. The first step I took was to send the JSON command from a browser to MyHS to make sure I had the JSON syntax correct. I used an example command from a help file. Once I had that command working to MyHS I then modified the command to point to the local instance of HS. The reason I broke this down in several steps was to eliminate any authentication problems I might have with the local HS instance.

Comment

I can not seen to HS3 to switch BI profile. I can put the url in a browser and it work just find, but when i try to run it as a script under an event it leaves this error in the logs.

Comment

The error was not attached.

Create an HS event and try this command. Replace BIUser, BIPassword, and BIPort with the your information.

To change the BI profile from HS3 create an event and have it "run a script.or script command". Check the "Run immediate script command:" box. I use the command below to change to profile 1 and keep it on until I change it to another profile. I set the profiles based on occupancy and outdoor light levels. I have a profile to turn off motion detection based on weather but I do not have the weather portion in HS working yet. The quotes below are needed.

&hs.geturl("http://192.168.1.11","/admin?profile=3&lock=2&user=BIUser&pw=BIPassword",FALSE,BILo calPort)

Comment

Let me start off by saying i am new to all, So sorry in advance. I manage to get a script to change Blue Iris Profile. When th event execute the script the Blue Iris Profile change, but i get this error in my log ever time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have never ran an external script from within HS but I believe the error is in your script. I can't help you fix that but I was able to change the profile without an external script by executing a script command from within HS. Below is an event I use to change the BI profile to Away Day when the weather is clear. I used the information from your script in my event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BI Away Day.JPG
Views:	851
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1383211

Below is the expanded Run a Script or Script Command box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BI Away Day 2.JPG
Views:	789
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1383212

Comment

Working...
                    X