Blue Iris love's NVR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris love's NVR's

Anyone have any success using an NVR as the primary device to capture your POE camera's and Blue Iris providing connection to Homeseer? I want to use the POE cameras on a vLAN to have both NVR and Blue Iris. I'm considering a Dahua NVR608 unit . Does Blue Iris need to look at the second stream for it's detection or motion to connect with Homeseer for actions?

Dvoir

I do exactly what your asking. I have a DVR running 24/7 recording, then BI for motion trggers and remote viewing. If I see anything of interest in the triggers I will go pull up the DVR for that time. Both running off primary stream. I dont use the HS addin as I dont see the value for my personal use, that said I am sure it would work.

Comment

Out of curiosity, why do you use a separate DVR rather then use BI as the DVR?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Out of curiosity, why do you use a separate DVR rather then use BI as the DVR?
        Maybe for action alerts, so it sends a http json post?

Comment

milk3y

I just finished installing all of my cameras today... terminated all of the cables and have all units online.....

I was considering the Dahua NVR608-32-4k it only has two ethernet ports and requires a seperate POE switch.. I have installed Unifi 48 port POE for that task.

Which NVR are you using? is your nvr a POE version or only have a single Ethernet which requires a separate switch .....Glad to hear you can have two devices reading the camera's main feed.

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
            milk3y

I just finished installing all of my cameras today... terminated all of the cables and have all units online.....

I was considering the Dahua NVR608-32-4k it only has two ethernet ports and requires a seperate POE switch.. I have installed Unifi 48 port POE for that task.

Which NVR are you using? is your nvr a POE version or only have a single Ethernet which requires a separate switch .....Glad to hear you can have two devices reading the camera's main feed.

There’s a couple Mikes on this thread.

I use only Blue Iris. I have a duhua and axis cameras.

Comment

Working...
            X