No announcement yet.

Trigger not being sent from BI5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burrington Yes, it is same.. And you get your camera status device in HS updated instantly with no issues when triggered, recording etc.?

Comment

I have never watched the status device to see if it shows "Motion" while there is motion. It always switches back to its current status, for example "[20fps] Clips: 17". However, my events trigger on motion, so I presume the status device must momentarily change to "Motion" while there is motion. The only events I have are triggered by motion, so I can't comment on whether recording or other things trigger properly.

I looked through a number of recent event triggers and noted that there is a delay of anywhere from 0 to 5 seconds between the time on the video clip and the time the event triggered. Not sure why, but probably due to the sample rate of comm between BI and HS3. It does explain why sometimes my lights are slow to come on when there is motion.

Comment

Weirdly enough it started to work for me again. Thanks for you input Burrington

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
          Here is how I am getting BI to run a HS3 event on trigger:

192.168.0.2/JSON?user=usr&pass=pwd&request=runevent&id=281
          (replace usr with a HS3 user and pwd with the user’s password)

To get the event ID, use Jon00’s Event Viewer utility.
          I use the same method.

BI to HS to run an event:
          Code:
          192.168.2.184:80/JSON?user=xxxxxxxxx&pass=xxxxxx&request=runevent&id=65
          HS to BI to turn off and on Camera Motion Detection:
          Code:
          &hs.urlaction("http://192.168.2.184:81/admin?camera=Drvway&motion=0&user=xxxxxxxx&pw=xxxxxxxxx", "GET", "", "")
          &hs.urlaction("http://192.168.2.184:81/admin?camera=Drvway&motion=1&user=xxxxxxxx&pw=xxxxxxxxx", "GET", "", "")
          Two way control and interaction no plugin required.

Comment

I was on BI4 and was using my camera's PIR sensor to send motion alarms using ONVIF. After upgrading to BI5, I'm no longer getting the trigger from the camera. I had to switch to using BI5 motion detection, rather than the camera's PIR. If I manually trigger the camera within BI5, HS gets the alarm correctly, so I know that's working. The issue I'm having is between the camera and BI5. I really like using the PIR of the camera to detect motion since it gives me less false alarms from animals, lightning, etc. on the front porch.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
              I was on BI4 and was using my camera's PIR sensor to send motion alarms using ONVIF. After upgrading to BI5, I'm no longer getting the trigger from the camera. I had to switch to using BI5 motion detection, rather than the camera's PIR. If I manually trigger the camera within BI5, HS gets the alarm correctly, so I know that's working. The issue I'm having is between the camera and BI5. I really like using the PIR of the camera to detect motion since it gives me less false alarms from animals, lightning, etc. on the front porch.
              It's working for you though on BI5 and blue iris motion detection?

I tried everything this forum suggests but still can't get the events to trigger. I know homeseer is seeing the alert request from blue iris, and when I put the request into a browser it shows response. But for some reason nothing triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                Here is how I am getting BI to run a HS3 event on trigger:

192.168.0.2/JSON?user=usr&pass=pwd&request=runevent&id=281
                (replace usr with a HS3 user and pwd with the user’s password)

To get the event ID, use Jon00’s Event Viewer utility.
                I was putting off moving to BI5 because of the plugin issue. I finally moved to BI5 and the SON code above worked fine for me.

I use motion to trigger a lot of events so I had to create a new event that is called when there is motion. You can use Jon00's Event Viewer, or in HS4, the event ref # is in the URL: http://xxx.xx.xx.x/events.html?ref=75&subpage=event.html

I then have this new event call my various other events that trigger on motion. Some have conditionals so why I need multiple events. For example if I'm watching TV and my chromecast virtual device is "on", when there is motion on certain cameras chromecast the camera to the TV that is on. I use the chromecast virtual device so I can turn that off if I do not want interruptions. My wife loves the chromecast feature and it will track motion as someone moves from the gate to the driveway to the front door.

Comment

Working...
                X