Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is BlueIris Plugin Still Supported by developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the BI plugin for around 2 years. It mostly did what I needed it to, but I found connections from HS to BI wouldn't always work following reboots, requiring the plugin to be restarted.

Nowadays I use HS4 -> Node-Red -> MQTT -> BI. Took a little time to build out but this has been rock solid since setting it up. Allows me to trigger cameras, change profiles, get motion detection as virtual devices in HS. Any command that BI is designed to receive over MQTT or JSON can be replicated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201023_092012.png
Views:	207
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	1427928

Comment

I have used the BI plugin for a couple of years. It does what I need it to do.....trigger camera recording from HS (e.g. record on all cameras if the burglar alarm triggers). I also use it to get HS to trigger PTZ presets on some of the cameras.

I have not really looked at Node-Red. But it keeps coming up in various threads as a powerful way to integrate different systems.

M
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Like the idea to use HS4->Node-Red->BI as all components already installed on my setup. Fellhahn, any way to have a write-up on your idea described in entry#16?

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
          I used the BI plugin for around 2 years. It mostly did what I needed it to, but I found connections from HS to BI wouldn't always work following reboots, requiring the plugin to be restarted.

Nowadays I use HS4 -> Node-Red -> MQTT -> BI. Took a little time to build out but this has been rock solid since setting it up. Allows me to trigger cameras, change profiles, get motion detection as virtual devices in HS. Any command that BI is designed to receive over MQTT or JSON can be replicated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20201023_092012.png Views:	106 Size:	383.4 KB ID:	1427928
          I would be very interested to set this up, would like to know the functions and the motion alerts node setup and I guess there needs to be settings in BI as well ?

Comment

Working...
          X