Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is BlueIris Plugin Still Supported by developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never mind paying for a plugin.
    I have a lot of time invested in my HS and BI installation.
    I would pay for a new BI plugin.
    BI is powerful and even more so when coupled with HS.

Comment

I'd shell out for a fully functional BI - PI. I paid for the last one.... and it served me well for years. I'd do it again.
      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

FWIW, there is more incentive as UltraSightHoundVideo is now at end of life.
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Sorry, can you elaborate on it, I'm a sighthound user and they are still making changes, slowly but they are. Is there something that you read that I'm unaware of?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
            Sorry, can you elaborate on it, I'm a sighthound user and they are still making changes, slowly but they are. Is there something that you read that I'm unaware of?
            This is what is End of Life, not Sighthound per se.

HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I would not bother with the plugin either. I would not even bother with MQTT. You can talk to BI directly, which is what I do. I have six cameras. I get the 6-camera matrix from BI and display it. Then you can click on individual camera to start streaming the individual camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Eki View Post
                I would not bother with the plugin either. I would not even bother with MQTT. You can talk to BI directly, which is what I do. I have six cameras. I get the 6-camera matrix from BI and display it. Then you can click on individual camera to start streaming the individual camera.
                What do you mean by 'talk to BI directly'? If you don't use the PI or MQTT how you get HS to tell BI to manually trigger a recording?

For example when the burglar alarm is triggered in our house we use HS and the plugin to trigger all cameras to record for 5 minutes. How would you do this without MQTT or the plugin?

Or some people like to trigger HS events based on 'motion detection' from BI, a method that often produces false positives, but that's OK for some people.

So I don't undertsand how you communicate actions between HS and BI without MQTT or the plugin.
                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

>> For example when the burglar alarm is triggered in our house we use HS and the plugin to trigger all cameras to record for 5 minutes. How would you do this without MQTT or the plugin?

When you get the security system trigger, start BI streaming to node-red ... you get an mjpeg stream. In NR, take that stream and write it to a file. After 5 minutes, stop the stream. IF you do not know how to do that, google node-red mjpeg stream to a file

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post

What do you mean by 'talk to BI directly'? If you don't use the PI or MQTT how you get HS to tell BI to manually trigger a recording?

For example when the burglar alarm is triggered in our house we use HS and the plugin to trigger all cameras to record for 5 minutes. How would you do this without MQTT or the plugin?

Or some people like to trigger HS events based on 'motion detection' from BI, a method that often produces false positives, but that's OK for some people.

So I don't undertsand how you communicate actions between HS and BI without MQTT or the plugin.
                    To trigger a camera recording from Homeseer directly see here

To trigger an event from BI go to, Trigger/Immediate Actions/ + /Web request or MQTT, add the following URL:

Code:
                    http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:YY/JSON?request=runevent&group=Security&name=SideDoor
                    Where XXX & YY are Homeseer's IP Address/Port and Security & SideDoor are the group/name of the HS event you wish to run.

No Plugin/MQTT/Node-Red required.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

To trigger a camera recording from Homeseer directly see here

To trigger an event from BI go to, Trigger/Immediate Actions/ + /Web request or MQTT, add the following URL:

Code:
                      http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:YY/JSON?request=runevent&group=Security&name=SideDoor
                      Where XXX & YY are Homeseer's IP Address/Port and Security & SideDoor are the group/name of the HS event you wish to run.

No Plugin/MQTT/Node-Red required.
                      Well I did not know that. I'll have to look into this. Thank you.

It will be great to get rid of another plugin.
                      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

+1 - I'd pay for a more-functioned plug-in for BI

Comment

Building off of what mminehan posted, I recently bypassed this integration by creating virtual "motion sensors" in Homeseer for each of my BI cameras. They switch to "Motion" when the camera triggers and then switch to "no motion" when it resets. Here are the steps to recreate:
                          1. Create a virtual device in Homeseer and edit its "control" feature to be called "Motion Sensor"
                          2. Edit the Controls & Statuses within that feature to look and feel more like a motion sensor (with the only weird thing being that the "motion sensor" still has to have "controls" or the web requests won't work). It will look like this in Homeseer:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-12-09 16_22_44-Devices.png Views:	0 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	1513176Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-12-09 16_26_43-Device Settings.png Views:	0 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	1513180
                          3. Then in Blue Iris you're "on alert" alert will use this URL: 192.168.1.99/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=1151&value=100 (ref 1151 being the id of the "motion sensor" feature, not the root virtual device).
                          4. And in "on reset" in BI, you'll use this URL: 192.168.1.99/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=1151&value=0

And that's it! You've got a fully functioning "motion sensor" that you can use to turn on/off lights

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                            Question is how many of the current plugin users would be interested in paying again for a new plugin....

Creating, supporting and maintaining a plugin is quite time consuming

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk
                            I’m will to pay for a plugin that’s supported!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                              Question is how many of the current plugin users would be interested in paying again for a new plugin....

Creating, supporting and maintaining a plugin is quite time consuming

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk
                              +1

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

+1
                                +1 - i would pay for another, and BI is always adding features like the AI etc and i think blue iris and HS are one of the best setups

Comment

Working...
                                X