Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is BlueIris Plugin Still Supported by developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is BlueIris Plugin Still Supported by developer?

Downloaded the Blue Iris Plugin to test, and reading through the support forum, there are lots of comments about plugin not being supported. If so, should this plugin still be sold in the HS plugin store? Seems like a great plugin but now it seems like HS users are helping out each other by trial and error.

BeeryGaz is still around, last login 2 weeks ago. Try sending him a DM ?

If this plugin is not being maintained anymore, I might be interested in creating a new plugin ...

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
      If this plugin is not being maintained anymore, I might be interested in creating a new plugin ...
      ​​​​​​That would be great!
      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

​​​​​​That would be great!
        Question is how many of the current plugin users would be interested in paying again for a new plugin....

Creating, supporting and maintaining a plugin is quite time consuming

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Comment

I would be interested. I had the was testing the old plugin but didn't complete my homeseer setup at the time.

Comment

I believe Jay is going through some medical issue right now. I pray he will be back.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Maybe if it had support for control of BI.Almost all of what the the plugin did can be done manually. It seems focused on grabbing the Motion alerts URL data and making that available in events but not complete as it parsed out the MOTION_A or MOTION_B type messages but I don't think it supported the other types of alerts messages like AUDIO, EXTERNAL or WATCHDOG. I can grab those values and place them in a VD and create events around them without the plugin.

Plugin need to support all the various BI control function like enable or disable camera or motion or switch profile, reset, pause, reboot etc and other control features and event actions. Right now those are easily done with events that send urls to BI but if that was more integrated into a plugin as event action or conditions I could see some value in that.

I purchased the old plugin but no longer use it since it really does not add anything for my setup that I was not already doing. It still has promise if updated. Others may find some use in it.

I had a series of posting last year about workarounds to using the plugin once i figured out it was just using the standard message pushed out by BI for Motion alerts

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ca...05#post1312905

Comment

I would like to control BI using JSON.
                Michael

Comment

+1 for BI

Comment

I used the BI plugin for around 2 years. It mostly did what I needed it to, but I found connections from HS to BI wouldn't always work following reboots, requiring the plugin to be restarted.

Nowadays I use HS4 -> Node-Red -> MQTT -> BI. Took a little time to build out but this has been rock solid since setting it up. Allows me to trigger cameras, change profiles, get motion detection as virtual devices in HS. Any command that BI is designed to receive over MQTT or JSON can be replicated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201023_092012.png
Views:	1289
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	1427928

Comment

Like the idea to use HS4->Node-Red->BI as all components already installed on my setup. Fellhahn, any way to have a write-up on your idea described in entry#16?

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                        I used the BI plugin for around 2 years. It mostly did what I needed it to, but I found connections from HS to BI wouldn't always work following reboots, requiring the plugin to be restarted.

Nowadays I use HS4 -> Node-Red -> MQTT -> BI. Took a little time to build out but this has been rock solid since setting it up. Allows me to trigger cameras, change profiles, get motion detection as virtual devices in HS. Any command that BI is designed to receive over MQTT or JSON can be replicated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20201023_092012.png Views:	106 Size:	383.4 KB ID:	1427928
                        I would be very interested to set this up, would like to know the functions and the motion alerts node setup and I guess there needs to be settings in BI as well ?

Comment

BeeryGaz is still around, last login 2 weeks ago. Try sending him a DM ?

I'm game. I'd pay for a more-functioned plug-in for BI.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post

I'm game. I'd pay for a more-functioned plug-in for BI.
                            Same here, i've used this one on Hs3 and Hs4 with no issues but with all the new features in the blueiris V5 it would interesting to have even more features, I use the SentryAI and AI Tool with deep stack and it would be useful for me to be able to use the AI detection as a trigger with a motion sensors to cut down false alerts

Comment

Question is how many of the current plugin users would be interested in paying again for a new plugin....

Creating, supporting and maintaining a plugin is quite time consuming

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk
                              I’d pay for the plugin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X