Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BI "Non existing device" error

Just moved to HS4, and I'm periodically getting the following error:

Device Blue-Iris System Blue Iris Root is set a feature but points to a non existent device, try the repair option in setup

It sends 10 of these messages every 6 minutes or so. I have 10 cameras, so I guess this error happens once for each camera.

Any ideas? Already tried complete removal and restoration of plug-in.

What do you mean by complete removal? Did you dig deep down in the folders?
    One thing though save your settings (BI software) before trying to reconfigure it. Some HS3 plugins stop functioning correctly when moved to H$4 so to be really sure is to go deep down in the folders and delete the remnants of their files and install again. The files stay behind after you do the uninstall e.g. HSPI_BI.exe.config (in the HomeSeer root folder)

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Just did as you suggested, no change. Thanks.

Comment

I guess I accidentally spawned two threads on this subject. To be complete, here is my post in the OTHER thread:

I'm getting:

Warning Device (203) Blue-Iris Virtual DriveEnd references a parent, but the parent does not reference this child
        Warning Issue checking child device (203) Blue-Iris Virtual DriveEnd
        Warning Device Blue-Iris System Blue Iris Root is set a feature but points to a non existent device, try the repair option in setup

Just figured this out (maybe posting to forum makes my brain work better). When I upgraded HS3 to HS4, for some reason each of the "Blue Iris" virtual devices got copied as a child of the Blue Iris root. The virtual devices simply carry a different set of device graphics, and are copied from the BI system variable whenever it changes.

Don't really know why these virtual devices got attached to BI root. I had to delete each of the virtual devices and re-create them, now there's no parent/child relationship with the actual Blue Iris devices.

Comment

Working...
        X