Create Event When BI goes OFFLINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create Event When BI goes OFFLINE

I cannot create an Event to detect when BI goes offline (NOT CONNECTED), because the Status is still Green.
    Any suggestions?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TinyTake07-10-2021-05-14-50.png
Views:	137
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1501117
    TIA,
    Tom.

Hmmm I'm pretty sure the state change works for me. I need to check this...
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I'm still on HS3, but mine works fine too. In fact it just activated a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tmassano View Post
        I cannot create an Event to detect when BI goes offline (NOT CONNECTED), because the Status is still Green.
        Any suggestions?

Name:	TinyTake07-10-2021-05-14-50.png
Views:	137
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1501117
        TIA,
        Tom.
        You are absolutely correct, This worked fine in HS3, but does not work in HS4. The only solution I've found is using EasyTrigger "The Device String is...".

Name:	2021-10-08_13-14-23.png
Views:	98
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	1501206
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

The plugin has had several issues after Blue Iris January 2021 update.
          I rolled back to older version of BI until I had a work around for my issue.
          Believe the date of the older version was Jan 7, 2021.
          Works well with the plugin.
          There are no plugin updates to deal with BI updates.

Hope someone or HS addresses BI plugin issues.

HS and BI are very powerful together.

Now running
          Blue Iris 5.5.1.6
          HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.0.0

Comment

I have BI use a web request under status alerts to HS when it has any error or restart. This has HS fire an event when it has a error and restarts. The HS event notifies me via pushover that BI is having and issue. I get one of these when BI crashes and restarted every so often.

192.168.2.184:80/JSON?user=HSusername&pass=HSpassword&request=runevent&id=127 . This makes HS fire an event with id of 127on my setup.

Also have a "watchdog" setup where BI uses a web request to fires a HS event every 10 minutes to let HS know it is still up and running I do not use the BI plugin. The HS event resets a timer when BI checks in and then monitors the timer ti see if it runs over 10 minutes. If it is late with the check in assume BI is down and notify me with pushover. I can use Jon00 appcontrol scripts to restart BI or restart the PC if needed.

Comment

Working...
            X