Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working for people? ... Anyone using this with Blue Iris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working for people? ... Anyone using this with Blue Iris?

Curious how well this works, overall ... and if anyone has success with this and cams running through Blue Iris?

Interested in this thread.

I would add, what trigger and actions are possible ? Are they reliable? Can we make own made special ''event'' from the blue iris software ( And the hs3 plugin would just pick them up as a trigger /condition /action?

--

Last question . If i put a camera in my bedroom. I would like to monitor if someone is in the bed. Can blue iris process zone like this ? Is the plugin able to use this as triger/condition.

I know it need processing power to be able to know if a human is in a particular one of a screen. But, 5-20 seconds delay is not a big problem..

Last edited by ; November 22, 2018, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
      Interested thread.
      ... If i put a camera in my bedroom. I would like to monitor if someone is in the bed. Can blue iris process zone like this ? Is the plugin able to use this as triger/condition.
      I've heard of using pressure sensors under the mattress to determine bed occupancy.... you can calibrate a pressure sensor based on 1 vs 2 person occupancy
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post

I've heard of using pressure sensors under the mattress to determine bed occupancy.... you can calibrate a pressure sensor based on 1 vs 2 person occupancy
        Hi,

Yes this is an option. I think It would work for the bed in the Bedroom. But sometime, because we have different schedules, someone sleep on the couch ( wich can be extend as a bed). But i do not think i can put a pressure pad under this.

https://www.surplusrd.com/fr/section...-gauche-901913 see tree pictures

---

and in both case ( camera or pressure pad). I Think It's to much to ask to know when someone fell asleep?!? ( Fitbit takes too long for this).
        When someone wake-ups , it is a little easier ( she will move ( motion sensors), she will get up ( not in the zone anymore).

I think I will just create a scene , activated by Alexa ( I dit set up room awareness with a openhanded binding). So when someone say's ''alexa siesta'' in any room. It will activate sista mode in that particular room. But It would have been nice to have it automated.

Sorry for the hijacking ,i 'll follow the next answer about blue iris

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
          Interested in this thread.

I would add, what trigger and actions are possible ? Are they reliable? Can we make own made special ''event'' from the blue iris software ( And the hs3 plugin would just pick them up as a trigger /condition /action?
          I tried to control my outdoor lights using motion triggers in Blue Iris and found it to be unreliable. Main reason being the fact that lights switching on or off also trigger motion......

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post

I tried to control my outdoor lights using motion triggers in Blue Iris and found it to be unreliable. Main reason being the fact that lights switching on or off also trigger motion......
            I set up my events so that the event doesn't retrigger before the lights go off after a delay, say ten minutes. This avoids Blue Iris retriggering the event when the lights go off and trigger a motion alert.

DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I think the OP was looking for information about whether the Face Recognition plugin works with BI.
              Last edited by The Profit; November 22, 2018, 06:12 PM.
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                I think the OP was looking for information about whether the Face Recognition plugin works with BI.
                ... yes, this.

Comment

I am also interested how this has worked with BlueIris, I am thinking of installing a camera at my front door to see if could work well enough to trigger events for doors/lights etc

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post

Sorry
                    I do not know if you're referring to when I talked about it on the forum, but if you have implemented the use of pressure sensors on the mattress you can tell me what problems you had if there were and which sensors you used, thanks. I tried to solve the problem with different solutions, before I used magnetic sensors so you can check the single or double presence on the double bed but this solution was not very reliable and now I have instead implemented another solution based on switches connected to arduino that work very well if you do not forget to activate and deactivate. Unfortunately, the manual intervention is necessary in this case, which, if possible, should be eliminated in a home automation system.

Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

I know this thread is slightly older now but I am not sure we ever received an update on if this Plugin will work with cameras in Blue iris?

Comment

Working...
                      X