View Stand-Alone Network DVR in HS Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Stand-Alone Network DVR in HS Mobile

I tried this a couple of years ago, but was finally convinced the software wasn't there yet for someone with my limited skills. I'd like to view 7 POE fixed camera feeds in HS mobile; I don't need any control, no recording...just the ability to view the stream. The cameras are connected to an LTS 8700-P NVR that runs on my local network; it is currently visible via an NVMS-7000 mobile app, but it would be convenient to see the images in HS mobile. I hardly know enough to ask an intelligent question; is what I want to do reasonably possible?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
    I tried this a couple of years ago, but was finally convinced the software wasn't there yet for someone with my limited skills. I'd like to view 7 POE fixed camera feeds in HS mobile; I don't need any control, no recording...just the ability to view the stream. The cameras are connected to an LTS 8700-P NVR that runs on my local network; it is currently visible via an NVMS-7000 mobile app, but it would be convenient to see the images in HS mobile. I hardly know enough to ask an intelligent question; is what I want to do reasonably possible?
    Once you remove the middle-ware (LTS 8700-P NVR) you will be able to add your cameras to HomeSeer in the settings page, choosing cameras. Similar questions have been asked over the years (if you search the web along the lines "NVR with HomeSeer") and I guess the best answer I have seen so far is that because different NVRs use different boards and or APIs if any, it would not be possible to include them. But some cameras can multi connect using different protocols like http,ONVIF, rstp.....they can be added to Blueiris and HomeSeer at the same time (but not the dumb ones which come as package with the NVR). Another expensive option is to use Synology which also has a plugin for HomeSeer and also this project here : https://www.vueville.com/home-automa...n-to-homeseer/ which are more on the security (motion) side rather than viewing the cameras.

I guess that's not too bad an explanation?

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

A nice explanation, thank you. However, if I remove the NVR, how do I maintain a recording?
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
      2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
      300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
      6 CT-100 tstats
      Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
      18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
        A nice explanation, thank you. However, if I remove the NVR, how do I maintain a recording?
        It's the three other options I mentioned above (Blueiris,Synology and Qnap). While they can trigger on motion, they can record and message you as well.
        For BlueIris read all about it here : https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/optimizin...s-s-cpu-usage/

Note : Unless you live where you have extreme speeds of internet, viewing of live feeds from your cameras can be a pain!

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
        X