List of IP cameras that actually work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericryherd View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these? Are they crap or will they last?
    BJs has several models that all look similar but are $279 to $499 with relatively little real information on what the systems will do.
    These systems tend to come with narrow FOV cameras as well but spend a bit more and you can get some pretty good systems though.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      I have three Panasonic cameras, all different. (I was experimenting to see which I like best.) I had no trouble setting up any of them. One is a relatively inexpensive BL-C10, another is KX-HCM280 that offers 20X zoom, and the third is a higher resolution HCM515. (All have pan and tilt capability, but the HCM280 has much greater range.)

I agree that the C10 is grainy, but the others have very good image quality. I've found that all of them are useful. The C10 has limited utility, but I have it monitoring the garage, which it does fine. The other two are more than adequate for any of my needs.

They've been running continuously for nearly a year, and I have had no problems. I would recommend them highly.
      Would anyone be able to help me out with setting up my panasonic bb-hcm331 with homeseer and the ultranetcam plugin?
      I've been on with it for ages and just get time out errors from the plugin.
      I can see a single image in a browser using the url

http://user:pwd@address:port/Snapsho...lution=320x240

and have this added to the plugin.
      When I refresh the camera in the plugin I get

Snapshot from NetCam001 [shop] failed: The operation has timed out

in the event log.

Comment

Working...
      X