No announcement yet.

Foscam ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can't stop it check your cabling to make sure your TX is on the right pin. You have to "interupt" it right in the beginning of the boot process. Keep trying. Its a timing thing. You have to do it before it loads the linux images.

Watch the boot in the beginning then just hit it a couple of times. When its already loading "stuff" it typically won't see or work with your keystrokes.

I saw the same thing:

Wait for auto-negotiation complete...ResetPhyChip Failed
    open video device error
    with the first Foscam I owned. In fact it's still like that even with the newest Foscam Firmware and with the help of the technical folks there at Foscam.

I think though I personally messed mine up by installing what I believed was the current firmware where as in fact I had a second gen (first gen Foscam) and installed the latest second gen FW on my first gen Foscam.

I don't know if that makes any sense. The very first PT Foscam had two HW gens to it. I used the first HW gen FW on a second HW gen Foscam.

The Foscam I have now is a totally different HW designed device which looks different on the outside too. I've been able to update the firmware on this one with no issues.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

About your last post here...

I am getting that loop with the...

Wait for auto-negotiation complete...ResetPhyChip Failed
      open video device error

...loop. Is there any way to work with these that you have found?

Comment

No.

I worked with Foscam in China CS on this issue via a few emails back and forth.

The best I could do was manually drop the firmware via a serial link. The boot would work about 30% of the time. That said I quit playing with it.

I would personally write it off and use this one as spare parts. I think the newest Foscam PT's are HD with a better lens and stuff.

Other than updating the second Foscam with the latest software I never did anything more with it. Its been in the garage now and working OK.

Been playing lately with HD cameras. I have a generic but not IP66 camera outside and two of the Ubiquito Aircam cameras out side now. Found a place in the UK which sells a hot swap lens for the Aircam and testing a 2.5mm outside. It is working fine.

Here are four pictures of the three cameras outside and the Foscam in the Garage. While the Aircam has no bells and whistles it has weathered fine outside and now I can change lens on those (BTW you can also change the lens on a Foscam). The no name generic IP did get wet inside this past summer with a storm with over 70 MPH winds. That said though I let it dry and it worked afterwards. The side by side mounted Ubiquito Aircam did not get wet inside and other than it moving in the wind did OK. (most likely will be installing an Aircam in Florida - here the issue will be the water spray from the salty wind - so will need to mount it such that I can get to it easily for cleaning).

Most recently here I have added and split up the analog cameras such that they go to another video hub (HAI Omnitouch / Video hub). Also looking to "experiment" with the Optex Cameras turning them into split analog and HD IP cameras with these little miniature combo boards such that I will still be able to utilize the analog video out and have IP HD video out at the same time. The newest camera boards are about the same size as the older camera boards but do way much more.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; December 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Working...
        X