X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randman
    replied
    Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    Hi is there a fix for netcam to prevent it crashing if the camera is not available?

i get an error message if one of my cams is not there and it will not let me access the config pages to recify the problem

Raptor
    I'm in the process of migrating from HS2 to HS3. Trying to decide if I should continue to use Netcam. Does anyone know whether or not the Netcam plugin for HS3 has this issue?

Leave a comment:

• dtsouers
    replied
    I have the same issue and I'm running the latest hs pro build and plugin.
    If all the cameras have power and are connected it works, otherwise it does not update.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Gyver
    replied
    This is odd, I never have NetCAm crash when one of my cams is down.
    The timeout is so ridiculously large, that it takes ages to finaly get the other cams displayed, but it never crashes.
    Do you wait long enough ?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    I guess maybe circumventing the Netcam event process with a manual/auto script might work. The issues that you are writing about has always existed with the Netcam plugin. All my cameras are hardwired versus wireless. (even though its available like the Foscam I have configured in the garage).

My cams are all polled from the Zoneminder box and if I delete one or change it then I get the same thing occuring.

You can maybe do a check if IP is up then run the event. It won't help you with the config but you can have the event send you an email should the IP be down.

Secondarily here I do the mobile access for my camera server such that I have another means to get to the pictures/video. Easier than one off IP configuration per rule set per camera on the firewall easy to do with 1,2 or 3 cameras but gets tedious with 15, 16 or more cameras. I'm in the process of taking all of the camera's power to a Tycon midspan switch. It has a web interface such that I could monitor the power to the camera, turn it off or on, etc. Using the same box for the Joggler touchscreens (which use POE now).

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    replied
    Hi Pete,

yea that works and is what i do today but it gets annoying when it happens when i am away from home and can't edit the ini.

Raptor

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Try editing the Netcam plugin INI file removing the cam in question with HS off and see if that works. Restart HS and go to the netcam configuration page and add the camera back if it is up.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    started a topic NETcam crashes if camera goes off line.

NETcam crashes if camera goes off line.

Hi is there a fix for netcam to prevent it crashing if the camera is not available?

i get an error message if one of my cams is not there and it will not let me access the config pages to recify the problem

Raptor
Working...
X