Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New netcam plugin version : impossible to view CURRENT cams

Hello,

I've just updated the new version of the plugin ... and now : it's impossible for me to view the current views of the webcam ... as before.

I don't know what happens but i have now an error on the display :

NetCAM Error in DisplayImages: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Maximum pictures to store: 500
    Number of columns to show on display page: 10
    Number of rows to show on display page: 48

Plugin version : 1.1.0.2

And i have 13 Ip cams. Even if i change the number of pics to be displayed , i have the same result.

What changed in the new version ? i haven't seen any release notes detailled.

Thnaks a lot for people who'll read this.

Regards
    Manu

Manu,

Check out this thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=155179
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Thnaks Pete !

But it's not the goal of the previous plugin ... that 's not the same result.

Mabye i can reinstall the previous version of the netcam plugin : but where to download the 1.0.0 version ?

Tks
      Manu

Comment

Netcam 1.1.0.1 is available here

Comment

Historically when I have had issues I would remove all of the INI entries and start from scratch. That said though I never connected more than 10 cams and had a smaller amount of rows and columns.

I looked in my archives of Netcam and all I found was
          NetCam1_1_0_1.msi
          dated 5, February, 2010. I think this is the one before the latest version.

I had a look at my archives and had it installed on HS around 2007; not sure other than the aspx files what is needed or even sure what version it was back then.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Historically when I have had issues I would remove all of the INI entries and start from scratch. That said though I never connected more than 10 cams and had a smaller amount of rows and columns.

I looked in my archives of Netcam and all I found was dated 5, February, 2010. I think this is the newer one.
            Problem solved !

It works better with the this version.

I kept my config file ... and the result is the same as before !

Great thanks Pete ... as always !

Comment

How did you solve this?

Hi Nslmanu,

Here the same problem.
              What did you do exactly to solve it?

You downgraded to Plugin version 1.1.0.1 ?
              What did you delete exacly before installing the new NetCam-plugin?

Thanks for help.

Comment

Hi,

Yep , you have to install the previous version ...

Take a look on the link in the posts before.

Keep us in touch !

Regards
                Manu

Comment

If this isn't working on the newest version posted then I would put in a help desk ticket so this version can be pulled from the updater.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

The format of the pictures filename has changed in the latest, so delete all the picture files in the netcam folder (in the HS HTML folder), then the new plugin should work fine.
                    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Checkout my comments here you don't have to loose your pics created with this intermediate version - just rename them, a simple script will do the trick.

Comment

This is still broken. Ticked opened.
                        Last edited by Eddiie; December 16th, 2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I have an open ticket as well. I identified the issue to the Help Desk on Sep 24 and have not received an update since the end of October. Doesn't seem to be a priority.

Cheers
                          Al
                          HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I am a bit confused as to where this code is bugged. (I'm debugging it - this is my first time looking at ASPX but it has to be a simple fix)

My initial debugging seems to point to a variable not being set when the page opens for the first time. Not sure which one yet, too much fun seeing how the things work in this code and I'm taking a break.. At my current state, I think the variable that sets the camera index (setting this to something other than 0 (which I think = ALL) might be the easiest way to fix because selecting another camera from the drop down list box shows the pics for that camera (3 out of 4 on mine, anyway - probably something on my end). Setting this to ALL and nothing happens, get an out of bounds message in the HS Log window. There might be some code in there to try and display "ALL" pics from all cameras, but screw that.... So, I'm going to try and force it to something other than ALL upon entering the page/plugin and see if that works.

Let me try to say this another way - When entering the default page, the "cameras" list box is set to ALL. Change it to something else... Tada! Pictures work.

Has anyone, or can someone, try selecting a different camera besides ALL reply back if it behaves as expected?

I guess what where I am getting lost is do the pictures display at all for anyone? Note, I deleted all the old pictures days before starting this so the old stuff was purged.

Comment

Nope...

It seems that the name of the camera causes the problem.
                              Poking around the code I can't finger out why.

For me -
                              If a camera is named Patio, everything fails. I mean everything because the ALL page does not work.
                              Change/Edit the name to something else, KittyCam3, for example, everything works. Including the ALL page.

Suggest working down the list of cameras, identify any that do not show pics (or show the previously selected camera's pics), then editing the names to something else. Update any Events you may have that called the old camera name. ie Any Event with Action = NetCam -> Take Picture -> ....

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                              X