PTZ ip camera in Designer and HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lj502, Come In...

lj502, are you still out there?? After exhausting all my resources, wearing out the message board and finally deciding that Foscam really wasn't supported in HSTouch, you left several year end posts saying there was a simple way to do it; I'd sure love to hear what that is. To recap: I have a Foscam F18910W with a fully accessible ip address. I set up a "Cam" page in designer. I deployed to my PC and to my iPad using the standard URL: http://IP ADDRESS/snapshot.cgi?user=NAME&pwd=PASSWORD. The page opens on my PC and image appears correctly, but the page will not even open on my iPad. I continue to wonder if it might be the third question (following User and Password) on the Foscam login screen "ActiveX, Server Push or Mobile". Since iPad doesn't play with ActiveX, it might be wanting an input that I don't see. Any help? Thanks.
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

The Answer...

OK, here's the answer from HS Technical: I'm not crazy; Foscam has not heretofore been supported in HSTouch for ios or Android. However, an update for HSTouch might be out today that supports Android. They expect another update in mid-February that supports ios. Keep your fingers crossed...
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
      2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
      300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
      6 CT-100 tstats
      Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
      18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Let me clear this up. You can display Foscam snapshots in IOS, it has always been there. I will describe how to do it below.

In the next IOS app update though we did add the ability to display video without any configuration. The default project has a camera chooser screen that will automatically discover your Foscam cameras, list them, and then when you pick one it will display it. This is done through the HSTouch Server plugin, version 3.0.0.15 or later is required for this. If you changed the password on the camera you will have to enter the password in the HSTouch Server config, but that is all the configuration you will have to do.

For now, if you want to add video to your own project do this:

1) Add an image element to your screen
        2) In the ImageURLNormal property enter the snapshot URL to your camera. For example:

http://192.168.2.68:7888/snapshot.cg...=USER&pwd=PASS

Change the IP and PORT to your camera IP and port (if on port 80 leave out the :7888. Set the USER to your username (admin is the default). If you never changed the password, leave it blank (pwd=).

Set the IsVideo property to True

Deploy the project to your IOS device and you should see the video.

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
        OK, here's the answer from HS Technical: I'm not crazy; Foscam has not heretofore been supported in HSTouch for ios or Android. However, an update for HSTouch might be out today that supports Android. They expect another update in mid-February that supports ios. Keep your fingers crossed...
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          For now, if you want to add video to your own project do this:

1) Add an image element to your screen
          2) In the ImageURLNormal property enter the snapshot URL to your camera. For example:

http://192.168.2.68:7888/snapshot.cg...=USER&pwd=PASS

Change the IP and PORT to your camera IP and port (if on port 80 leave out the :7888. Set the USER to your username (admin is the default). If you never changed the password, leave it blank (pwd=).

Set the IsVideo property to True

Deploy the project to your IOS device and you should see the video.
          THANK YOU!!!! I spent so much time trying to get this to work. I actually tried it with an image element and setting it on video but I didn't realize that I just put the streaming url into the IMAGEUrlNormal. I tried to somehow connect it with the Cam1 that was generated by the NetCam login. However, I guess that one will only be used to control the camera but not for getting the stream. Although this is not being done through NetCam it would be helpful to elaborate in the NetCam help file on what exactly can be done with it and what cannot (like the streaming).

Comment

Rich can you give clear instructions like this on how to get the buttons working?

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
              You need to make an event in Homeseer to run a hsscript (gotta look and check which call) for each button and then in HSTouch point your buttons at each respective event.

John
              Can you let me know the syntax for this immediate script? I used http://admin:PW@IP/hy-cgi/ptz.cgi?cmd=ptzctrl&act=right, but I got syntax error. Thanks.
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
              X