Cannot get Netcam to work - partially solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get Netcam to work - partially solved

I am just setting up HS3PRO (after 16 years with HS1). I've installed the Netcam plugin and have tried to configure various cameras I have. The Foscam F18919W and Wanscam cameras appear to be added OK, but if I go to view, although the cameras are listed I get no images. When I try to add the Linksys camera, Netcam appears to hang completely. I am running my test HS3 on an XP machine (which normally runs HS1), and I wonder if this might be an issue?

Cannot get Netcam to work

I found that my camera names must not have any spaces. "Driveway Cam" did not work. "DrivewayCam" works!

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thanks, but that's not the problem for me.

Comment

Hi Lio,

I have Netcam working on both HS2 and HS3 and running on XP on the same box. I have two Foscam cameras and have a space in the name of one of them. Have you tried running some events to trigger creation of pictures? What version of the HS3 plugin are you using? I had some issues prior to 3.0.0.11, but it's been working fine on that version. Wade has also been responsive to issues posted on Bugzilla.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Cannot get Netcam to work

Originally posted by Lio View Post
          I am just setting up HS3PRO (after 16 years with
          HS1). I've installed the Netcam plugin and have tried to configure
          various cameras I have. The Foscam F18919W and Wanscam cameras appear to
          be added OK, but if I go to view, although the cameras are listed I get
          no images. When I try to add the Linksys camera, Netcam appears to hang
          completely. I am running my test HS3 on an XP machine (which normally
          runs HS1), and I wonder if this might be an issue?
          When I first started using the plugin, I thought once I installed,
          enabled, and configured, I could simply add a time period or frequency
          for image capture on each configured camera and it would just work.

I was very wrong. I had to create an event for each camera to capture
          an image for that once camera, and stagger image capture on the other
          cameras as calling them all at once would end up corrupting at least one
          of my images.

By staggering them by at least 10 seconds for routine capture solved
          that problem.

What kind of event(s) do you have and what error messages are you
          getting in the HS log?
          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Well right now, I haven't set up events at all. In Netcam Config, I have given a name to my camera and defined the url, with username and password and I've created an HS device. I figured that I had to check that it was properly recognised by going to Netcam view and that selecting it, I should see an image, but I dont see any image from the camera at all.

Comment

Well right now, I haven't set up events at all. In Netcam Config, I have given a name to my camera and defined the url, with username and password and I've created an HS device. I figured that I had to check that it was properly recognised by going to Netcam view and that selecting it, I should see an image, but I dont see any image from the camera at all.
              Try setting up an event to capture an image and let us know if this works.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I created an event to take a picture - but as far as I can tell, none was taken. There are no images in Netcam View at least.

Comment

I created an event to take a picture - but as far as I can tell, none was taken. There are no images in Netcam View at least.
                  Are there any errors in the HS log file?

Comment

All I get is the line saying that the Event was triggered at the given time. Apart from creating an HS device for this camera, should I set anything in its configuration under device management?

......I just tried again with another camera and this time I get a message saying the camera's configuration is not complete.....

Sorry, I just realised that for the second camera, I had omitted to create an HS device. Now that I have, the event just gives the one-liner that it has been triggered

Comment

I can't see that I have done anything different, but suddenly the Foscam camera is recognised and I can take pictures both manually and via an event. However, I then added another camera (a Linksys) and Netcam now appears hung. In the log I have:
                      May-15 22:06:39 Warning Plugin NetCAM is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                      May-15 22:06:28 Error Getting web page from plugin page NetCam_Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The only way out seems to be to restart HS3. What is also curious is that after a restart in Netcam View, I can see old camera names that I have since deleted as well as pictures which were deleted earlier. It seems that if I select any camera other than the Foscam, Netcam hangs.

So, some progress made ....... but still a bit hit and miss

Comment

Outside HS3 my camera works fine. When I add the URL to Netcam config and then hit Create HS Device, nothing happens - no device, no log entry, nothing. The added camera does appear in the list of cameras in NetCam View. What else should I check ?

Neil

Comment

I now have the Wanscam cameras working with Netcam too. I did have to change the url to a similar format to Foscam - ie http://192.168.x.xx.xx/snapshot.cgi?user=...&pwd=... Normally the Wanscam has "videostream" rather than "snapshot".......having no luck with the Linksys though - normal url is in format http://192.168.x.xx.xx/img/mjpeg.jpg, but Netcam doesn't seem to like that.

Comment

Well this really is all a bit confusing. I had the bright idea of "tidying things up" and so decided to remove and re-install my working cameras. The good news is that the Wanscams are still seen correctly by Netcam, but the bad news is that the Foscam no longer is.....how can this be? I even did a printout of the netcam config page beforehand to make sure I used the same URL etc..........I must have spent hours on this!

Comment

Well this really is all a bit confusing. I had the bright idea of "tidying things up" and so decided to remove and re-install my working cameras. The good news is that the Wanscams are still seen correctly by Netcam, but the bad news is that the Foscam no longer is.....how can this be? I even did a printout of the netcam config page beforehand to make sure I used the same URL etc..........I must have spent hours on this!
                              After configuring your cameras did you restart HS.

Comment

Working...
                              X