HS3 Netcam Image in Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Netcam Image in Dropbox

Would this be a possibility? Having the latest Netcam snapshot uploaded into a dropbox folder? How would I achieve that? Any thought on this or a hint for a script, or event doing this?
    Now images are put in the HTML/Netcam folder.

Thanks W.

It should in theory be relatively simple as you can copy a file with a single line in a script (my.computer.filesystem.copyfile). Problem is when do you want the file to copy, it could only be done automatically when a new file arrives by the use of a file watcher, Jon00 has a file watcher for HS3 which you might be able to try and see if that works. You would need to monitor the latest.jpg file in the Netcam directory and then copy it to dropbox as soon as it changes.

Comment

The BLLatestImage Plug-in for HomeSeer allows the user to monitor folders for new created images. It will move the file to anywhere you like. Works great!
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi, thanks for your advise. I just came across this post:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=BLLatestImage

Where this is described. I already installed BLLatestImage Plugin and had a look at it. But it was not clear to me straight away, that it could move files, until i decided to add a folder to watch there it revealed this option. Which is great!
        Thanks.

Comment

Check out Dropbox Folder Sync and add-on to Dropbox to sync any folder. I used it in the past to sync WebcamXP folders with snapshots.

Comment

Thanks pcp. I have the BLLatestImage plug up and running. It's working perfect. The image is uploaded in the desired dropbox folder almost instantly after it has been created. So adding an other program/ plug-in for syncing is not needed for this purpose.

Comment

Working...
            X