No announcement yet.

Arlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There doesn't seem to be an official API from Netgear Arlo. See this user forums thread:
    https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arl...ers/idi-p/1690

There are a few unofficial APIs on GitHub, with various levels of functionality:
    https://github.com/topics/arlo

Comment

I have been waiting patiently for Netgear to publish an API for over a year now. It doesn't look like it will ever happen. I decided to create a plug-in anyway that will allow arm/disarm and everything else I am able to reverse engineer.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Jeffrey Walter's Python scripts on Github work and appear to have reverse engineered just about everything which Arlo can do. The scripts work.

I tried to turn them into a plugin but got lost in Server Side Events. If you get a PI working, sign me up as a customer and I'l love to learn how you cracked SSE in .NET.

Comment

I have reversed engineer basic Arlo functionality. The only potential issue I see is if you're using the iOS app and HomeSeer comes along and logs into Arlo, you'll get logged out of the iOS app. At this point, I envision the HomeSeer plug-in being able to set the arming modes based on either a change in the Home's security alarm state or occupancy (determined by another plug-in).

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm looking forward to your PI for Arlo. I can use IFTTT, but it's not reliable. I assure that you'll make ARM and DISARM actions. Let me know when you have a beta available as I'd be glad to give it a test.

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
              I'd be glad to give it a test.
              I guess everybody with Homeseer and Arlo will

Comment

I have been unable to reverse engineer the query for https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/user...?uniqueIds=all. This query returns all of the custom arming profiles. If anyone has any information they would like to share regarding this query, then please share. If I cannot figure this query out then I won't be able to programmatically pull in the custom arming profiles.

The results are:

{"data":{},"success":true}

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

I can't tell for sure from your post whether you're having an issue formulating the query or parsing the response. I used Jeffrey Walter's (most recent) script which returned (ID replaced with x's):

{'xxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxx': {'schemaVersion': 1, 'modes': [{'devices': {}, 'name': '', 'id': 'mode0', 'type': 'disarmed'}, {'devices': {'4XH57979AA384': {'motionStart': {'external': {'4R04797UA5800': {'sirenAlert': {'duration': 180, 'volume': 8, 'pattern': 'alarm', 'ID': 1, 'sirenState': 'on', 'enabled': True}}}, 'sendEmail': {'recipients': ['__OWNER_EMAIL__', 'rick.whittaker@me.com'], 'enabled': True}, 'name': 'Record camera (4XH57979AA384) on motion.', 'recordVideo': {'stopCondition': 'motionStop', 'fixedTime': {'duration': 10}, 'enabled': True}, 'id': 'rule0', 'sensitivity': 80, 'enabled': True, 'pushNotification': {'enabled': True}}}}, 'name': '', 'id': 'mode1', 'type': 'armed'}], 'olsonTimeZone': 'America/New_York', 'schedules': [{'schedule': [{'duration': 540, 'startActions': {'disableModes': ['mode0'], 'startScenes': [], 'endScenes': [], 'enableModes': ['mode1']}, 'days': ['Mo', 'Tu', 'We', 'Th', 'Fr'], 'startTime': 480, 'type': 'weeklyAction', 'endActions': {'disableModes': ['mode1'], 'enableModes': ['mode0']}}], 'name': '', 'id': 'schedule.1', 'enabled': True}], 'scenes': [], 'timeZone': 'EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0', 'type': 'automation', 'fromAutomationconv': True, 'revision': 0}}

If you need to actual query I can probably grab that...although my Python skills aren't that great.

MadMellow

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    At this point, I envision the HomeSeer plug-in being able to set the arming modes based on either a change in the Home's security alarm state or occupancy (determined by another plug-in).
                    Hi, what's the state of the plugin? Can I give it a try? Do you need any help programing?

Comment

Ultrajones - Did I answer question?

Comment

Well, I feel stupid. The issues querying Arlo were related to the user Id I was using. I didn't realize the new user I created didn't have administrative rights, so the queries were returning nothing. It's working again, so development has resumed.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Yeah, i tried https://github.com/jeffreydwalter/arlo - it works, but unfortunately it's not trivial... Can't wait for some C# code.

Comment

I can see a lot of people are doing great work in terms of getting a plug in to arm/disarm the system, etc.

Is there currently any workaround for simply observing the cameras feed on an Android app, like the Imperihome? I have all my homeseer items on imperi and would love to add arlo to it 😁

Comment

As a workaround to just Ard/Disarm - you don't even need a plugin - I used Python code from github, compiled it to single executable and just run it from event handler.
                              If anybody need details, or prebuilt exe - feel free to ask.

Comment

Checking in... Ultrajones, did you ever get a working version of a basic plugin that could do arm/disarm?

I've been gazing at the python code and thought I'd check the purchase route one last time before I dive in to figuring out how to compile python and call executables from an event handler.

Comment

Working...
                                X