Asustor NAS / NVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asustor NAS / NVR

I have an Asustor 302T NAS that has a surveillance center app available. I'm going to be adding some cameras and am thinking of re-purposing the NAS as an NVR. Anyone have any experience using this app and/or interfacing to HS?

I could go with Blue Iris on a PC but I really didn't want to add another box. The prime reason for the cameras will be security, but interface to HS3 would be nice.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I have a Synology NAS that has an NVR package. I know with that box, some folks here have used the NAS to send commands (via JSON I think) to HS3. However, I use UltraNetCam (Ultra's plug-in), and simply talk to the cameras directly.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
      I have a Synology NAS that has an NVR package. I know with that box, some folks here have used the NAS to send commands (via JSON I think) to HS3. However, I use UltraNetCam (Ultra's plug-in), and simply talk to the cameras directly.
      I am considering upgrading to a synology nas, how well does it work using as an NVR with HS? I am on board with having fewer computers in the house. Also any chance you push the video to HSTouch? Just trying to get an idea of performance.

Comment

Working...
      X