Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

ModBUS interface ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModBUS interface ?

Hi

I've got the synology surveillance station setup and I'm looking at generating events from I/O devices. Can your plugin interface as an I/O module in Surveillance station ?

Thankyou..Peter
    HS 2.2.0.11

Hi,

The plugin can't work as an IO module.
    Is there an API available for IO modules ?

Comment

HI There...

Under surveillance station you can connect an I/O device to Synology to control outputs etc.

It appears its rudimentary ModBUS in Ascii mode. You create an event in Surveillance station to toggle an I/O pin for alarm notification etc.

Here is some python code I found that works....I had this running on a raspberry PI and had the synology connect to it. (test connection). I'm waiting for my additional licence so I can do more testing and create events

https://gist.github.com/hdo/792eebcb...5069e325a0e520

Cheers..Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thanks, look interesting !

But, what can you do with it that you can't do currently with the plugin ?

Comment

Talk to an external I/O device ?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Maybe I've understood you wrong, but I thought that you had a virtual IO device (the python script) which SurvStation controlled when events occurred. I think the plugin can handle all the events that you used previously with the virtual device, or not ?

Or ... do you want to control a real IO device from HomeSeer ?

Comment

Hi Kriz

OK clearly I dont know enough about your plugin. I'll be home later today and will install it...

What I was looking to do was for Surveilance Station to trigger a motion event (it currently sends me an e-mail), I want it as an input to trigger a HS event. If your plugin does this then fantastic :-)

Equally I'm going to read up some more on ModBUS and python, it looks very interesting :-)

Cheers..Peter
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

That's exactly what the purpose of this plugin is :-)
                Check the attached help for setting it up.
                Attached Files

Comment

OK, now I see. You do it a different way via the "SMS" interface.....

I'll have a look, thanks for taking the time to get the message across :-)

I'm almost home from an international work trip, the synology did an update and didnt come back so I've got to wait till I get home to reboot it...

Thankyou..Peter
                  HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Kriz

I'm probably going to use the ModBUS protocol to talk to a raspberrypi to manage I/O events and tie them into the I/O on the arduino.

I've got the python code working, I'm able to flip GPIO bits on the raspberry when getting motion events from the Synology.

I've only got 2 cameras I need events from so this will do...

Thanks for your help, its all been an interesting learning exercise.

Pete
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ok. Out of curiosity...what is wrong with using sms events? Think is is less work

Comment

Kriz

Seriously nothing wrong at all..I just started down this path and wanted to get my head around python and make it myself :-) I'm going to have a closer look at your implementation, its a clever way to do it too :-)

I have so many raspberrypis sitting here, I had to do something with it :-)

Again, no issues at all with your implementation, I was just interested in understanding python and UDP

Cheers..Pete..

p.s I had to buy the extra licence to use the 3rd device, I cant believe they physically mail you something, why dont they E-mail it to you instead :-) I think I might buy another licence to put a 3rd camera on. I do like my DS916+...
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Kriz

So after a while i found that the internal Hikvision's line crossing detection was what i needed. I ended up creating a postfix/procmail setup on my beaglebone to trap alarm emails and toggle a gpio pin to toggle an arduino input....

Good fun experimenting

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by petez69; July 2nd, 2017, 04:26 AM.
                          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
                          X