X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petez69
    replied
    Kriz

So after a while i found that the internal Hikvision's line crossing detection was what i needed. I ended up creating a postfix/procmail setup on my beaglebone to trap alarm emails and toggle a gpio pin to toggle an arduino input....

Good fun experimenting

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by petez69; July 2, 2017, 04:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Kriz

Seriously nothing wrong at all..I just started down this path and wanted to get my head around python and make it myself :-) I'm going to have a closer look at your implementation, its a clever way to do it too :-)

I have so many raspberrypis sitting here, I had to do something with it :-)

Again, no issues at all with your implementation, I was just interested in understanding python and UDP

Cheers..Pete..

p.s I had to buy the extra licence to use the 3rd device, I cant believe they physically mail you something, why dont they E-mail it to you instead :-) I think I might buy another licence to put a 3rd camera on. I do like my DS916+...

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Ok. Out of curiosity...what is wrong with using sms events? Think is is less work

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Kriz

I'm probably going to use the ModBUS protocol to talk to a raspberrypi to manage I/O events and tie them into the I/O on the arduino.

I've got the python code working, I'm able to flip GPIO bits on the raspberry when getting motion events from the Synology.

I've only got 2 cameras I need events from so this will do...

Thanks for your help, its all been an interesting learning exercise.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    OK, now I see. You do it a different way via the "SMS" interface.....

I'll have a look, thanks for taking the time to get the message across :-)

I'm almost home from an international work trip, the synology did an update and didnt come back so I've got to wait till I get home to reboot it...

Thankyou..Peter

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    That's exactly what the purpose of this plugin is :-)
    Check the attached help for setting it up.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Hi Kriz

OK clearly I dont know enough about your plugin. I'll be home later today and will install it...

What I was looking to do was for Surveilance Station to trigger a motion event (it currently sends me an e-mail), I want it as an input to trigger a HS event. If your plugin does this then fantastic :-)

Equally I'm going to read up some more on ModBUS and python, it looks very interesting :-)

Cheers..Peter

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Maybe I've understood you wrong, but I thought that you had a virtual IO device (the python script) which SurvStation controlled when events occurred. I think the plugin can handle all the events that you used previously with the virtual device, or not ?

Or ... do you want to control a real IO device from HomeSeer ?

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Talk to an external I/O device ?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Thanks, look interesting !

But, what can you do with it that you can't do currently with the plugin ?

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    HI There...

Under surveillance station you can connect an I/O device to Synology to control outputs etc.

It appears its rudimentary ModBUS in Ascii mode. You create an event in Surveillance station to toggle an I/O pin for alarm notification etc.

Here is some python code I found that works....I had this running on a raspberry PI and had the synology connect to it. (test connection). I'm waiting for my additional licence so I can do more testing and create events

https://gist.github.com/hdo/792eebcb...5069e325a0e520

Cheers..Pete

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Hi,

The plugin can't work as an IO module.
    Is there an API available for IO modules ?

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    started a topic ModBUS interface ?

ModBUS interface ?

Hi

I've got the synology surveillance station setup and I'm looking at generating events from I/O devices. Can your plugin interface as an I/O module in Surveillance station ?

Thankyou..Peter
Working...
X