Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up Surveillance station

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setting up Surveillance station

    I have now moved from BI to Synology SS but I'm struggling with the basic setup of Synology DS418 NAS box. I have managed to add my two HikvisionDS-KD8003-IME1 video intercoms. I'm using RTSP; for some reason ONVIF didn't work whereas under BI ONVIF worked. I have setup motion alarm triggers for both doorbell cameras and these triggers work nicely. I have installed DS cam app on my Samsung phone and I can see the videos recorded due to motion alerts. I can also see the live streams for both cams. I have also installed SS Client on my two Win 10 boxes and the client works well.

    I have few issues, though. When connecting to the NAS box with a web browser inside my local LAN, I can see the desktop and when clicking on the SS icon and then Live View icon, a new window opens up with Live View window. The problem is that both live views are empty (see screen copy below). Same problem when connecting to the NAS from internet. I can connect to the desktop and open up SS from outside my local LAN. I have forwarded ports 554 and 5000 to the NAS box. So, I'm wondering why live view works on the SS client but not when using a web browser.

    Another issue is how to stream live view e.g. on my HS web pages. This was very easy with BI running on my HS3 box.

    Once I have managed to sort out these issues I will get the SS plugin.

    Attached Files

  • #2
    Maybe you are missing some browser plugins? What browser are you using? Have you tried other browsers ?
    Have you looked on the surveillance station /synology forums ?

    For streaming: https://www.synology.com/en-global/k...et_stream_path

    Comment


    • #3
      Free : https://www.dsecctv.com/Prod_software_onvif_gratis_telecamere_IP_DSE.htm , Free : https://learncctv.com/onvif-device-manager/ and Free : https://www.luxriot.com/product/ip-c...e/luxriot-evo/

      Please remember that you can still use you SS with HomeSeer but also connect to the cameras with other software because you can have multiple connections to the cameras.
      First setup the options in the camera UIs and you are all set!


      Eman.
      The People's Advocate.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
        Maybe you are missing some browser plugins? What browser are you using? Have you tried other browsers ?
        Have you looked on the surveillance station /synology forums ?

        For streaming: https://www.synology.com/en-global/k...et_stream_path
        I think you don't need to use any browser plugins, see link:https://www.synology.com/en-global/k...llance_Station.

        I have tried both FF and Chrome and same problem with both of them. I'm using H.264 so Chrome should support it.

        I have followed the instruction given in the link. Attached is a screen copy for the settings of one of my cameras. I'm using RTSP and I have also tried RTSP-over-HTTP but still same problem.

        One thing which I also don't understand at all is sharing the stream path (see last screen copy). The browser doesn't find the link when I copy and paste the link in RTSP-over-HTTP. I have to say I'm really confused.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eman View Post
          Free : https://www.dsecctv.com/Prod_software_onvif_gratis_telecamere_IP_DSE.htm , Free : https://learncctv.com/onvif-device-manager/ and Free : https://www.luxriot.com/product/ip-c...e/luxriot-evo/

          Please remember that you can still use you SS with HomeSeer but also connect to the cameras with other software because you can have multiple connections to the cameras.
          First setup the options in the camera UIs and you are all set!


          Eman.
          One of the reasons why I gave up Blue Iris was that I was running it on my HS3 box and I was somewhat worried whether it will affect HS3. Blue Iris worked nicely, though. Another reason why I gave up BI was that the HS3 plugin doesn't seem to be maintained. So, basically I wouldn't like to run any cam softwares on my HS3 box.

          Comment


          • #6
            Can't help you with your browser problems I'm afraid, it is working ok over here :-(.
            It does not affect the working of the plugin though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
              Can't help you with your browser problems I'm afraid, it is working ok over here :-(.
              It does not affect the working of the plugin though.
              OK, thanks for your help. I just posted this at the Synology forum. I'll have a look at your plugin once I manage to solve this browser problem.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jlikonen View Post

                OK, thanks for your help. I just posted this at the Synology forum. I'll have a look at your plugin once I manage to solve this browser problem.

                I didn't suggest that you install on your HS3 box. Please download and install : http://https://learncctv.com/onvif-device-manager/ on your desktop for management and see all the URLs you need to use in the stuff you can't configure now! I hope am clear now


                If you are on Ubuntu, there is a version similar to that here : https://www.lingodigit.com/onvif_nvc.html


                Eman.
                The People's Advocate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eman View Post


                  I didn't suggest that you install on your HS3 box. Please download and install : http://https://learncctv.com/onvif-device-manager/ on your desktop for management and see all the URLs you need to use in the stuff you can't configure now! I hope am clear now


                  If you are on Ubuntu, there is a version similar to that here : https://www.lingodigit.com/onvif_nvc.html


                  Eman.
                  OK, thanks for the clarification. I installed the onvif manager but unfortunately I didn't get it working.

                  My problem is now solved. I changed Streaming information source (in the Advanced tab) from RTSP to Streaming and now live views are shown correctly.

                  I'll test the HS3 SS plugin today. I wonder whether anybody has a html page showing the live streams from cameras which I could use as a template. Many thanks for yor help.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X