motion detection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motion detection issue

With HS3 do I setup motion detection in SS or in the camera itself? My cameras are online with this plugin but i'm unable to get the motion detection working.

Also will this plugin still be needed with HS4 or will HS4 natively connect to SS? If this plugin is needed has HS4 development of the plugin been started? With HS4 public release being right around the corner I don't want to put a lot of time into my HS3 just to have to reconfigure HS4.

Not sure if SS supports on camera motion detection, there is only 1 way to find out :-)

The plugin will work in HS4 too.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
      Not sure if SS supports on camera motion detection, there is only 1 way to find out :-)

The plugin will work in HS4 too.
      Hi kriz83 ,

You got his question wrong! The first thing kriz83 is for you to make the help file : http://passion4automation.be/homeseer/plugins/surveillancestation/help.pdf easily accessible on the plugin forum. You forgot that but never mind.

You can set motion in SS with all cameras but how to connect to HomeSeer is listed in the how to in the help file. But if you setup motion separately in the more advanced cameras (Some with AI) events can also get into HomeSeer using the camera's I/O terminals for Alarm Out and Audio Out to your HomeSeer main Alarm control panel.

I hope that helps.

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Is that helpfile still available? Trying to get my synology working again.

Comment

Originally posted by subtle View Post
          Is that helpfile still available? Trying to get my Synology working again.
          The domain "passion4automation.be" is Belgian and it is currently UNregistered to anyone. This is the Achilles heel of plugins - the author disappears and so does the plugin. But in many cases, we can't live without the benefit a plugin provides. The most significant is that it attracts HS to a wider audience. There should be some method for escrowing the plugin code by HS and releasing it if/when a developer decides to drop support for it and leave us in the lurch. You can imagine the reasons why HS should be partially responsible for protecting the code. After all, they did make some profit from its sales?

Comment

Well, perhaps someone else can pick it up. Either way, I know I had this working but I had to delete the volume where my config was on, and lost the settings, so I just need to see that file again to get myself back up and running. I don't think I'm looking for a bugfix or much support other than that doc.

On your larger point, I don't believe the author of a plugin is bound to support the software in perpetuity. If it's EOL or EOS, that's fine. However, for those of us who bought it, we should have access to the docs. I forgot to save it (or forgot where I saved it).

If anyone has it, can you please post?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by subtle View Post
              ...I don't believe the author of a plugin is bound to support the software in perpetuity...
              I agree, but then the code should be made available to HS to distribute, perhaps on GitHub, so that others can keep it working with current and future versions of HS. It's not fair to us to spend money, and in a lot of cases, a lot more time integrating and depending on a plugin only to have it potentially break or otherwise cripple our HA environment.
              Just my $.02

Comment

Owner has been online today, maybe send a pm?
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I wrote him a note. Hope to hear back.

Comment

Figured it out from some research:

Motion triggering

In order to get the motion detected triggering to work, you need to add an Action Rule in Surveillance Station for each camera.

Use following configuration for each rule:
                    • Rule type: Triggered
                    • Action rule: Uninterruptable
                    • Event: Motion detected
                    • Action device: External device
                    • URL: http://<HOMESEER_IP>:<HOMESEER_PORT>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=trigger&plugin=Surveill anceStation&P1=motion&P2=<HOMESEER_DEVICE_REF>

HOMESEER_DEVICE_REF is the device reference id of the camera device in HomeSeer for which you want to trigger. You can get this id by clicking on the device in the “Device List overview”

Comment

Working...
                    X