Notifications not received, followed guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications not received, followed guide

My notifications are not reaching HS. I followed the guide. I get nothing in HS log. If I use a browser and the same URL, I get a JSON response of error, invalid credentials. If I remove user=, pass= and to= in the browser test, HS log shows Failed to parse SMS notification "Hello World" so the pluginfunction API call is at least reaching the log, even if I have to hack at it for any signs of life.

I would uninstall everything and start over, but I've basically done that piece by piece across all 7 steps in the guide. Both cameras and the SS root device created fine, and the cameras are in connected status.

So it's an authentication problem. I've tried my main admin, adding a user and setting it to admin, normal, and guest, dancing in front of the camera, throwing things at the wall and shouting why does this need to be complicated? All they amounted to was this forum post.

This is my first week using SS, I installed it for this plugin with the end goal of motion triggers like I get with my garbage picture quality Arlos via IFTTT but with better PTZ cameras.

Medic?

You need an account with admin priviliges, but you will not get invalid credentials because of that. Are there any special characters in your password?

Comment

Thanks. My password has only letters and numbers (I read your previous caution about that and set up a separate admin with a compliant password.)

I thought the browser invalid credentials response was Firefox stripping the 1995-style user pass@host authentication off the URL because it didn't receive a basic authentication request from the server, but I got the same response from curl...

curl "http://<user>:<pass>@ip.ip.ip.ip/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=smsnotification&plugin= SurveillanceStation&P1=Hello+World&user=unused&password=unus ed&to=blah"
      { "Response":"Error, invalid credentials" }

curling a little more yields that if I drop only &user=unused from the URL I get a clean JSON response but an HS log message that the plugin failed to parse the notification. After a few more attempts, I realized there's no point trying to plug values into the user and password attributes.

Comment

It should be the credentials of your HS user, not the one from Surv Station

Comment

It is. HS4, by the way, but the theory is that doesn't matter.

Comment

I guess I'll have to go back to my Arlos and IFTTT. Blue Iris doesn't look like an option either.

Comment

If it was too subtle, I really don't want to do that. My trial period ends this week.

Now your site is down. I was going to tear down and redo everything, but the links to the guide are busted.

<sitsonhands>

</sitsonhands>

Comment

Working...
              X