Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synology Surveillance Station plugin

Hi,

A first version of the plugin is available (link)!
    I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions !

Excellent work!

Comment

zip needs repackaged

I just installed your plugin successfully; but only after renaming the zip.
      Your override is looking for Surveillance-1.0.0.0.zip but you have it named Surveillance.zip instead.

Thank you once again.
      I will let you know how the plugin works.

Comment

I have many Synology devices, and the one I'm testing with your plugin does not currently have any devices in SS. I have setup the .ini and initialized the plugin.

It created the root device but shows disconnected. The logs are not telling me anything useful for troubleshooting. I have 2 factor authentication enabled on the DS713, is that causing an issue?

Here is the error in the logs when I start the plugin:

SurveillanceStation Error System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Synology.WebRequest.GetUrl(String url, Int32 timeout) at Synology.SynologyBase.Execute(IApiCommand cmd)
        Last edited by MrMxyzptlk; May 6th, 2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I will fix the zip file tomorrow. I did a last minute fix and forgot to rename the file. No idea if 2FA has any influence, will try it soon. Is there any logging?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Comment

renanamed the zip to the one in the .config file.

Awesome plugin! My cameras lock up occasionally, so this is great new monitoring ability I can use telnet to my POE switch to reset the power for that port for 5 seconds.

I have 24x7 recording and external DSC IR/Microwave Exterior Motion sensors, so don't need the snapshot or motion control.

One question, I use Imperihome which has cameras configured via URL for MJPEG or JPEG.

Do you know if there is any way I can configure the Imperihome to hit the Synology server for JPEG images or MJPEG feed. That the cameras only have one client (synology), otherwise I have 3 camera clients (synology + 2 imperihome clients) and it causes lock up randomly on one camera.

Comment

AgileHumor do you have 2 factor auth setup on your Synology?

The one I have the plugin pointed at has it authenticated and shows disconnected, even though the URL, port, username, and password are correct.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Yep, 2FA breaks it :-/
                https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=117664

There is an otp_code param in other api docs, which is used for 2FA. But how would u enter it ?

Comment

Just installed the beta manually...so far so good.

feedback/questions/suggestions:

i would suggest reaching out to rich at homeseer and see if he will set you up to post your own betas in the Beta section of the Updater. Since you have your own server, you can post updates on your own.

the motion trigger seems to be working; any chance you can have the plugin make these configurations?

do you plan to give homeseer the ability to view the snapshots? or how can we do this? Ultimately i would like to replace the NetCAM plugin with this one.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                  Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

HTTPS

I use HTTPS on port 5001. Is there a way to configure for that? The debug string says it's using http.

Looking forward to getting this to work, it's a great idea

Comment

I'm using hs3 3.0.0.152 and it getting a broken image on the Connected status

the following doesn't exist
                      http://homeseer:82/images/HomeSeer/status/green.png

i would suggest putting/copying any image you want to use into your images/surveillancestation folder and don't rely on the images in the homeseer folder.

to make your plugin linux compatible you may need to use all lower can paths as well
                      Last edited by mnsandler; May 7th, 2016, 04:17 PM. Reason: to make your plugin linux compatible you may need to use all lower can paths as well
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

so there must be a minimum version of HS3 required to use the JSON triggers. I upgraded from .152 to .187 and it still didn't work. So I upgraded to the latest release .280 and everything worked as expected.

You can put a minimum version required in your install.txt or maybe just add it to your requirements.

Thank you very much for taking on this plugin. Its going to be extremely helpful.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
                          Do you know if there is any way I can configure the Imperihome to hit the Synology server for JPEG images or MJPEG feed.
                          According to the API, it is possible to retrieve the URL of the 'live snapshot', but how would you use this ?

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          i would suggest reaching out to rich at homeseer and see if he will set you up to post your own betas in the Beta section of the Updater
                          I will after the plugin is a bit more matured. Thanks for the tip !

the motion trigger seems to be working; any chance you can have the plugin make these configurations?
                          That is hard, because then I would need to know username, password, port number etc. However, in a near future release I will use the SMS service provider interface, and then you only need to do it once (and not for every cam)

do you plan to give homeseer the ability to view the snapshots?
                          Low prio at the moment because you can see it in Surveillance Station. Would be a nice to have though!

Originally posted by JPStokesSr View Post
                          I use HTTPS on port 5001. Is there a way to configure for that?
                          Check the attached update :-)

i would suggest putting/copying any image you want to use into your images/surveillancestation folder and don't rely on the images in the homeseer folder.
                          Done!

You can put a minimum version required in your install.txt or maybe just add it to your requirements.
                          Totally overlooked that, thanks! Will need to find out which version that is

Attached a version that supports https and contains all images.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Keep up the great work!
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but how do I tell it to use HTTPS?

I turned on HTTP in the synology and tried port 5000. I can log into Surveillance Station with the username/password specified in the config file.

When I try it with address set to "DiskStation" and port set to 5000, the device says "Disconnected" and I see the following in the log:

May-08 14:42:01 SurveillanceStation URL: http://DiskStation:5000/webapi/query...on=1&query=ALL
                              May-08 14:42:01 SurveillanceStation Error System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Synology.WebRequest.GetUrl(String url, Int32 timeout) at Synology.SynologyBase.Execute(IApiCommand cmd)
                              May-08 14:41:47 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SurveillanceStation
                              May-08 14:41:47 SurveillanceStation Completed InitIO
                              May-08 14:41:42 SurveillanceStation Entering InitIO
                              May-08 14:41:42 Info Plugin SurveillanceStation has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:61106
                              May-08 14:41:41 Plug-In Interface SurveillanceStation is running as a trial, 29 days remaining.

If I try the string from the log (http://DiskStation:5000/webapi/query.cgi?api=SYNO.API.Info&method=Query&version=1&query=ALL) in IE, I get back a very long string that starts with {"data":{"SYNO.API.Auth":{" . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X