Help with CGI command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with CGI command

I have an IPS webcam which responds correctly to PTZ commands such as /cgi-bin/hi3510/ptzctrl.cgi?-step=0&-act=up in the camera commands.
    It also creates a snapshot (on the webcam filesystem) if I use the command http://192.168.0.11/cgi-bin/hi3510/snap.cgi and I get a reply
    var path="/tmpfs/snap_tmpfs/20170115/IMG001/IMG_chn0_TIMER_MNG_20170115154958_001.jpg" if I use Internet Explorer directly.

If I put /cgi-bin/hi3510/snap.cgi in the Camara Type Snapshot Path, I get an error in the log "The snapshot request sent to NetCam002 Failed: parameter is not valid"

If it works in IE, why won't it work in UltraNetcam? Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Scott

The snapshot command should return a jpg image and not the location of where to get the image. Does the camera support a URL that outputs the jpg image directly?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      The snapshot command should return a jpg image and not the location of where to get the image. Does the camera support a URL that outputs the jpg image directly?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Not sure - I have managed to find the PTZ commands using a combination of Googling, sniffing the web traffic and trial and error!

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Found it at last. The URL that works in IE is http://192.168.0.11/cgi-bin/hi3510/snap.cgi?-getpic

When I reduce it to /cgi-bin/hi3510/snap.cgi?-getpic and put it the camera SnapShot path I still get a parameter error in the log. I presume it's the dash that's the problem. I have triad all sorts of options, (but in IE) it doesn#t work with anything else like ? etc.

Any ideas?

Scott

Comment

Ah... I think this returns the image in an HTTM page and not a JPG.

Presume that means I cant use this webcam? Or is there a way using the snap saved on the webcam?

Scott
          Last edited by ScottRennie; January 18, 2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

If I understand the question correctly:
            I use a Foscam IP camera to grab a realtime picture and store that in a HS3 html folder (btw: I don't use the Netcam plugin not anymore, so it could be another location as well I guess)

I request this via an event with the immediately script option:

&hs.GetURLImage("http:\camip:camport","\snapshot.cgi?user=** ***&pwd=*****", TRUE, 80, "\html\netcam\frontdoor.jpg")

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
              If I understand the question correctly:
              I use a Foscam IP camera to grab a realtime picture and store that in a HS3 html folder (btw: I don't use the Netcam plugin not anymore, so it could be another location as well I guess)

I request this via an event with the immediately script option:

&hs.GetURLImage("http:\camip:camport","\snapshot.cgi?user=** ***&pwd=*****", TRUE, 80, "\html\netcam\frontdoor.jpg")
              Cheers Rutger. My problem is that I can't find a CGI command for the Webcam, but the one I did find created a HTML page with the image embedded. I don't know if this is what I need or do I need a different command/function. If I can't do what is required, I will have a go at your solution.

I can create an image which is stored on the Webcam at the location above - can I get that image and import it into UltraNetCam?

Does anyone know the CGI command that will do what I need?

Thanks for your help
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X