Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to the remote server

Hi,

I've been using the UltraNetCam3 plugin for over a year. Things have been fine. However on 1/24/17 the plugin stopped working for all cameras. An example error message shown in the log is:
    The Snapshot request sent to NetCam001 [PT-CAM-1 (Master Bed)] failed: Unable to connect to the remote server

I've done the normal debugging stuff, here are a few examples:
    • Reboot system Homeseer is running on
    • Reboot cameras
    • Turn off/on plugin
    • Connect to cameras and verify everything
    • Attempt to turn on Debug logging for plugin
    • Ensure IP addresses for cameras all match up
    • Verify all passwords line up

Remember this has been running for quite some time. During the tail end of last year I updated the firmware on the cameras (Foscam FI9826P) to the latest (2.21.2.27) - however everything ran fine for a number of weeks. I'm running the latest version of Homeseer3 and the latest UltraNetCam3 (3.0.6119.21453). I currently have 4,802 snapshots for what it's worth.

I have turned up debug logging for the plugin, however I can't find any additional logging either in the Homeseer logs or in any directory for homeseer. Basically I'm not sure how to proceed except to uninstall the plugin and re-install it. I figured I would check in here to see if anyone has any suggestions before I did that (it's going to screw up all kinds of events, etc).

Thanks,
    -Jeff

Current Date/Time: 1/29/2017 7:52:38 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.298
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard - Server
    System Uptime: 4 Days 10 Hours 45 Minutes 44 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.200.8
    Number of Devices: 173
    Number of Events: 35
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.21: Nest
    3.0.6119.21453: UltraNetCam3
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

The error message indicates that the plugin can't reach the camera. I've seen those error messages when one of my cameras was offline. Have you tried pinging your cameras from your HS3 system and can you connect to the cameras using a browser on your HS3 system using the same url as is defined in the plugin?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Ugh...

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      The error message indicates that the plugin can't reach the camera. I've seen those error messages when one of my cameras was offline. Have you tried pinging your cameras from your HS3 system and can you connect to the cameras using a browser on your HS3 system using the same url as is defined in the plugin?

Hey Sparkman,

Thanks for the push - I had suspected that the plugin couldn't reach the device but I wasn't sure that's what the error meant. However ping/traceroute from a number of sources did work. BUT!!! yea I didn't actually do it from that machine (okay, the tools on Linux are just easier to use - shoot me :-). After a bunch of digging in, it turns out that the business class firewall/router was eating traffic from/to all wireless devices if the source is on the same subnet. Ouch. This is a remote site and I have a VPN from home so the network is always in place but the subnets are different. From my point of view everything works. So remote subnet can ping/connect to ANY device including cameras, but local subnet can only ping hardwired devices.

Most interesting and a reboot of the firewall fixed it. Chock that up to a learning experience.

Thanks for your help!
      -Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X