X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plugin dead?

I don't see any activity here really.

Was hoping to get some help..

would like to configure it so that it emails me 5 snapshots spaced apart 2 seconds each when another device senses motion. I got it working to send the latest snapshot but i'm failing to figure out how to do more.. is this possible?

No, the plug-in is not dead. I was hoping others may have stepped in to help answer your question.

In order to do what you want, you'll need to create an event that uses the UltraNetCam3: Event Snapshots action. You'll need to specify:
    • The number of snapshots
    • Delay between snapshots (in seconds)
    • Email Notification Attachment Option = Attach the compressed file of the event
    • Then check the following checkboxes:
      - Send E-Mail Notification
      - Compress Event Snapshots

Let me know if you have any issues getting this to work.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks that's helpful. Is there no way to get the email without them being zipped up?

Comment

The snapshots are compressed because there isn't a way to to use the HomeSeer sendmail function to attachment more than one attachment. However, I did write UltraSMTP3 which can do this, but it's very difficult to have an event trigger from one plug-in and pass parameters to the actions of another. As an alternative, have you looked into use ffmpeg to take the snapshots created from an event and convert it to mp4? This way, you can send all of the attachments and easily view them as a video.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This is the way I did it with my cameras. I don't know if it helps but I think it is close to what you are asking about.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            The snapshots are compressed because there isn't a way to to use the HomeSeer sendmail function to attachment more than one attachment. However, I did write UltraSMTP3 which can do this, but it's very difficult to have an event trigger from one plug-in and pass parameters to the actions of another. As an alternative, have you looked into use ffmpeg to take the snapshots created from an event and convert it to mp4? This way, you can send all of the attachments and easily view them as a video.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            I decided to install ffmpeg to try to get that working but currently when i get my email notification, there is no attachment sadly.

I've read some threads such as these:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184175
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1246447

i installed ffmpeg via sudo apt-get, created smylinks to my HS3 directory and it's parrent directory. it seems to run from cmdline and the plugin sees it when i go to the options page (default of 10 images+ set). but so far no luck..

the plugin detects that ffmpeg is installed so i seem to be ok there.

my event looks like this (3rd then is the one i'm expecting to trigger sending the mp4):

any ideas anyone?

Comment

relevant files on the HS3 Pi3..

Comment

Working...
              X