UltraNetCam HSPI - In Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraNetCam HSPI - In Development

I am creating a new HomeSeer plug-in to supports taking snapshots from IP Network Cameras. I currently have 3 Foscam FI8910W and 1 Foscam FI8920W (H.264 camera) Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera. I plan on supporting the following:

HomeSeer Actions:
    • UltraNetCam Event Snapshot Action: Allows you to take 1 to n snapshots with x seconds between each snapshot. Many other options supported as part of a snapshot event. [Done]
    • UltraNetCam Take Snapshot Action: Allows you to refresh the last snapshot and thumbnail. [Done]
    • UltraNetCam Command: Allows you to run and command supported by your camera (e.g. Go to preset n and wait x seconds for command to complete). [Done]
    • UltraNetCam Purge Snapshots: Allows you to purge snapshots (or all but the last n events) for selected camera. [Done]

HomeSeer Triggers:
    • Foscam Motion Triggers. Done

Misc:
    • Camera view that displays last snapshot for each camera. [Done]
    • Automatically convert snapshot event to video if snapshot count exceeds set value. [Done]
    • Upload snapshots to remote FTP server (compressed). [Done]
    • Sending last snapshot via e-mail with option to attach compressed file, last snapshot or video of snapshot event (using hs.sendmail or UltraSMTP HSPI). [Done]
    • Purge snapshots on FTP server if the total space of the snapshots exceed set value. [Done]
    • Snapshot arranged by camera and event. [Done]
    • Snapshot thread per camera. [Done]
    • User ID and password not sent as part of the query string. [Done]

Any other suggestions?

Note: If you are upgrading to version 1.1.4642.35808 or greater, you’ll need to manually delete your database, snapshot directory and recreate any events.

Remove: {HomeSeer Root}\data\UltraNetCam\ultranetcam.db3
    Remove: {HomeSeer Root}\html\Images\hspi_ultranetcam\snapshots
    Recreate All UltraNetCam HomeSeer Events.

Now available via the HomeSeer updater.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; September 30, 2012, 06:58 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

What about event trigger on alarm (e.g. Foscam)

Don't know if it would be possible (pipe dream), but one or two way audio with the devices (e.g. Foscam) would be fantastic!!!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Alarm / Motion Detection,
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Motion detection, fixed URL for latest for easy inclusion in HTML/device image, hstouch

Comment

Can't wait to try it!
          Hopefully when a camera is down for whatever reason it won't hold up other net-cam type processing waiting for a timeout.

It would be nice to be able to send http commands before and after captures - for instance - cameras that can turn on / off illuminators like a Vivotek 8362. IR is off most all of the time so bugs don't swarm - on only when I manually turn it on.

Comment

Manual Trigger?
            Configure # of pics to keep per camera. Hopefully saved by CamName+Date+Time.
            Most recent pic by camera available.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
              Manual Trigger?
              Configure # of pics to keep per camera. Hopefully saved by CamName+Date+Time.
              Most recent pic by camera available.
              If you rename a camera, it would leave a bunch of orphaned files. This is the filename format I came up with:

NetCam001_yyyMMdd_HHmmss.fff_snapshot.jpg

Example:
              NetCam001_20120802_191129.222_snapshot.jpg

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                If you rename a camera, it would leave a bunch of orphaned files. This is the filename format I came up with:

Example:

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Since the PI would know the original and new names, changing them should really just rename all the images to the new name rather than requiring us to do it. At least pop up an alert or message stating a bunch of images just got orphaned and will no longer be automatically aged out.
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Can't wait to try it!
                  Hopefully when a camera is down for whatever reason it won't hold up other net-cam type processing waiting for a timeout.

It would be nice to be able to send http commands before and after captures - for instance - cameras that can turn on / off illuminators like a Vivotek 8362. IR is off most all of the time so bugs don't swarm - on only when I manually turn it on.
                  I just did a stress test and was able to take 75 pictures on each of my 3 cameras (225 pictures total). If one or more camera became unresponsive, it would not hold up the communcation to the other cameras.

I also plan on adding an action allowing you to send any query string to the camera as part of a HomeSeer event action.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                    What about event trigger on alarm (e.g. Foscam)

Don't know if it would be possible (pipe dream), but one or two way audio with the devices (e.g. Foscam) would be fantastic!!!
                    I don't see a way for the Foscam to send a notification when an alarm is detected. It would be nice if it could open a TCP connection on an alarm condition.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Example:

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Sounds good. Although names would be preferable... even by IP (CAM192168002001_yyyMMdd_HHmmss.fff_snapshot.jpg) . A user, aware of the renaming/orphan files problem, could delete them manually.

Looking forward to this.

Will we be able to display multiple cams latest pics on a single page within the PI?
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I don't see a way for the Foscam to send a notification when an alarm is detected. It would be nice if it could open a TCP connection on an alarm condition.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        You are right that i don't think it will send notification, i think you would actually need to poll the device to work it out.

If you use a url like this http://www.DOMAIN-IP.com:Port/get_st...&pass=Password

you will get a page like below:

Code:
                        var id='000DC5D22890'; var sys_ver='11.22.2.30'; var app_ver='2.4.18.15'; var alias='Formal_Lounge'; var now=1343952496; var tz=-36000; var alarm_status=0; var ddns_status=0; var ddns_host=''; var oray_type=0; var upnp_status=4; var p2p_status=0; var p2p_local_port=24516; </pre>
                        alarm_status:
                        device current alarm status

0:no alarm
                        1:motion detection alarm
                        2:input alarm
                        3:voice detection alarm

Comment

Would it be possible to send a small video i.e. 1 minute of the captured images to the smartphone as well? I noticed that is hard to view the pictures as thumbnails while maybe easy to view as a small video.

Thanks,
                          Aldo

Comment

Here are the latest snapshots ...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ultrajones; August 3, 2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Super cool! I am almost certain this is going to blow away the free one from HS.

Comment

Working...
                              X